Yolo Hospice is currently searching for a Fundraising Manager to join our team of professionals. The Fundraising Manager (FM) will take the lead in designing, implementing and overseeing the agency’s fundraising plan and programs. The FM will primarily focus on direct mail campaigns, grant writing/management, and planned giving, but will also manage and take a leadership role for, fundraising events, donor development and other associated endeavors. The key to Yolo Hospice’s success is represented by our well-rounded team approach to addressing the needs of patients and families. We are located in Davis, California, and have been serving patients for more than 30 years in Yolo, Solano, Sutter, Colusa, and Sacramento Counties.
Position Accountability and Responsibility
• Manage and evaluate donor-tracking database. Serve as database Administrator.
• Implement various fundraising methods including direct mail, grant solicitations, and special events and assess outcomes.
• Work with the Executive Director and Board Fundraising Committee to create a fundraising plan for securing and increasing financial support from a variety of public and private sources.
• Write direct mail solicitations and manage direct mail campaigns.
• Develop and implement strategies for acknowledging, retaining, and developing donors.
• Represent the Yolo Hospice in the community, making known our programs and services and opportunities for support.
• Research and identify potential sources of grant funding.
• Maintain and update detailed grant opportunities database. Develop grant proposals in collaboration with Executive Director. Manage grant awards requirements.
• Provide direction and support to Board of Directors on fundraising related matters.
• Research, develop and implement a planned giving strategy for the Agency.
• Manage and provide support for all fundraising activities of the Agency.
• Must be willing and able to flex hours to meet occasional appropriate business needs during evenings or weekends.
Professional & Technical Knowledge Development
• Attend educational workshops as appropriate and job-related.
• Provide information to employees regarding development and grant functions.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of and comfort with financial statements and ability to manage donor-processing protocols.
• Demonstrate and continually develop a working style that fosters teamwork.
• Participate in the evaluation of own performance by identifying strengths and weaknesses and by developing a plan to improve areas of weakness.
• Consistently meet all standards of conduct delineated in the Yolo Hospice Integrity Program: Standards of Conduct: A Guide to Compliance and Ethics.
Note: The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the incumbent of this job. The incumbent may, from time to time, be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated.
Additionally, the candidate must have the following job qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in a related field and 3 – 5 years’ experience with a proven track record of raising funds for a non-profit agency via multiple development methods.
• Ability to communicate well in English (spoken and written) required.
• Familiarity and demonstrated ability with planned giving programs and processes.
• Familiarity and demonstrated ability with grant research, writing, and management.
• Ability to work well with people at all levels of the organization.
• Good analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Good computer skills are required. Experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and make independent decisions relating to job tasks required.
• Must pass agency background screening requirements, have a valid California driver’s license and state-required automobile insurance.
We offer a full-benefit package consisting of medical, dental, vision, retirement, life, vacation, sick leave, and other supplemental benefit options. If you are interested in joining our team and meet the qualifications, please forward your resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
1909 Galileo Court, Suite A
Davis, CA 95618
Please – No third party or phone calls. Thank you.