This job is no longer available
Social Worker II - Kelly Cullen Community
Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation | San Francisco CA 94102 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/30/2013
Under the general direction of the Project Coordinator, the Social Worker II is responsible for assisting tenants with housing stabilization and retention by providing outreach, advocacy, information, and referrals to existing off-site providers. The position requires bilingual Spanish/English skills and is 40 hours per week and will have a Monday -- Friday schedule.
Kelly Cullen Community is a Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) supportive housing building that works in partnership with the San Francisco Department of Public Health (SFDPH). In March 2012, TNDC was awarded a grant from the Corporation for Supportive Housing Social Innovation Fund for KCC. In addition to housing 172 formerly-homeless adults, KCC will act as a demonstration site for the collection of evaluation data demonstrating that providing supportive housing to high users of the healthcare system can be less costly than having these same people remain on the streets or in institutions
1. Assertively and regularly outreach to all assigned tenants.
2. Identify tenants in need of services and maintain awareness of tenant's overall health status; including but not limited to specific medical, mental health, and substance use needs.
3. Complete comprehensive Intakes and Assessments with assigned tenants.
4. In partnership with each assigned tenant, establish an Individualized Service Plan that outlines tenant driven goals.
5. Actively follow-up with all Individualized Service Plans to assist tenants to achieve their self-identified goals.
6. Provide assigned tenants with case-management and supportive counseling services.
7. Provide housing stabilization, retention and eviction prevention services.
8. Provide tenants with information and referrals to off-site service providers in the community.
9. Actively follow-up with all referrals to ensure tenants are linked to referral service providers.
10. Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution.
11. Provide up to 30-days of after-care to assigned tenants who move-out.
12. Organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to; produce drops, cultural celebrations, large and small group social events, holiday celebrations, skill building workshops, and informational workshops.
13. Serve as liaison/advocate for tenants with Property Management and off-site service providers.
14. Attend all weekly meetings with assigned Property Management staff.
15. Provide permitted follow-up information to Property Management staff as needed.
16. Attend all regularly scheduled meetings.
17. Attend all on-site Property Management facilitated Tenant Meetings.
18. Develop new resources and relationships with outside service providers.
19. Attend monthly off-site community meetings as assigned.
20. Comply with all protective services reporting procedures.
21. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files on all tenants receiving services.
22. Compile monthly statistics and enter all service information into a database regularly.
23. Carry and respond promptly to cell phone calls daily and provide 24-hour, on-call support to buildings for one week at a time, on a rotating basis.
24. In partnership with KCC Property Management Staff, DPH, CBHS and the SFHP assist in the lease-up and on-going leasing of housing units at KCC.
25. Collaborate with Department of Public Health/IHHC FQHC on-site staff to meet tenant needs.
26. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of homelessness.
Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word.
Excellent crisis intervention skills.
Initiative and creativity.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated capacity to work with a culturally diverse, low income population.
Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
Attention to detail.
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and adhere to all Federal HIPAA Rules and Regulations
Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of substance use, mental health, and co-occurring disorders
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
• Two years of experience providing direct services to very low-income populations in urban settings.
• Two years of experience providing direct services to individuals with substance use and mental health issues and/or individuals with co-occurring disorders.
• Two years of experience linking individuals to agencies to meet their medical, mental health and other service needs.
• Bilingual: Spanish/English; reading, writing and speaking proficiency
• Experience working within a Harm Reduction Model.
• Experience working in a Permanent Supportive Housing setting.
• Experience providing housing stabilization, housing retention, and eviction prevention services.
• Experience with Medi-Cal/Medicaid Documentation and Billing
• Experience providing direct service to high users of medical and mental health care systems
Competitive salary depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package.
Submit resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 215 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax to 415-771-0813. Please reference Social Worker II – KCC in subject line.
Founded in 1981, TNDC’s mission is to provide safe, affordable housing with support services for low-income people in the Tenderloin community and be a leader in making the neighborhood a better place to live. TNDC now owns and manages 30 buildings that provide homes for 3,000 extremely low-income seniors, families, people with disabilities, low-income wage earners, immigrants and others in the Tenderloin and nearby neighborhoods. In addition, TNDC provides on-site supportive services and resources such as social workers and after-school programs to help residents stabilize their lives and develop a sense of community.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94102, United States|
|Categories||Social Work/ Services|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|