SOCIAL WORKER II
Under the general direction of the Social Worker/Site Coordinator, the Social Worker II is responsible for assisting tenants with housing stabilization and retention by providing outreach, advocacy, information, and referrals to existing off-site providers. The position is full-time (40 hours per week), exempt.
1. Identify tenants in need of services and maintain awareness of tenant's overall health status; including but not limited to specific medical problems and mental health issues.
2. Establish an Individualized Service Plan with each tenant.
3. Serve as liaison/advocate with TNDC Property Management and-off site service providers.
4. Provide assessments for all individuals and families on caseload.
5. Provide individual case-management for tenants.
6. Provide information and referrals to off-site service providers with consent of each tenant.
7. Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution and low intensity counseling to tenants.
8. Comply with all protective services reporting procedures.
9. Develop new resources and relationships with outside service providers.
10. Organize and facilitate community-building activities including but not limited to social events, holiday celebrations and informational workshops
11. Attend monthly off-site community meetings and on-site tenant meetings.
12. Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and files on all tenants receiving services.
13. Compile monthly statistics.
14. Facilitate and monitor resident referral system between building managers and supportive services.
15. Carry and respond promptly to cell phone calls daily and provide 24-hour, on-call support to buildings for one week at a time, on a rotating basis.
16. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of homelessness.
Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word.
Excellent crisis intervention skills.
Initiative and creativity.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated capacity to work with a culturally diverse, low income population.
Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality.
Attention to detail.
• Bachelors Degree in Social Work or related field.
• Two years experience providing direct services to very low-income populations in urban settings.
• Demonstrated understanding of and one year experience working with substance abuse and mental health issues and their effects on individuals, families and seniors.
• One year experience providing direct services to low-income individuals and/or families and/or seniors.
• Knowledge of current resources and service/benefits programs in San Francisco and the Greater Bay Area.
• Bilingual: Cantonese/English language skills
SALARY: D.O.E. Plus excellent benefits package.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, TNDC, 215 Taylor Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-771-0813. Please reference “Social Worker II – Turk/Eddy” in subject line.
ABOUT TNDC: Founded in 1981, TNDC is a private, non-profit housing corporation that serves the Tenderloin and Western Addition neighborhoods. TNDC owns and manages twenty buildings with over 1600 units of housing. TNDC views housing as the foundation on which people in the communities we serve can begin to or continue to build productive and rewarding lives. TNDC’s combined annual budget is $14 million with a staff of 180. Funding is provided by rental income, public and private grants, individual donations and service contracts.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. EOE.