Program Associate to support the Foundation’s work in the arts in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Kenneth Rainin Foundation is a private family foundation dedicated to enhancing quality of life by promoting equitable access to a baseline of literacy, enabling inspiration through the arts and supporting research that will lead to relief for those with chronic disease. The Foundation focuses its efforts on the San Francisco Bay Area and specific medical issues and utilizes its networks, resources, and commitment to socially responsible business practices to support innovation, collaboration, and connection.
The Foundation’s three areas of focus include: 1) medical research into the causes of ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s Disease and improved treatment options for patients; 2) early childhood literacy programs, and 3) the performing arts. Over the next 10 years, the Foundation will experience significant annual growth to its endowment and grantmaking budget.
Through its grantmaking and operations, the Kenneth Rainin Foundation seeks to embrace the following guiding principles and operating values:
• Collaboration: A strong belief that synergistic connections will strengthen the work of the Foundation and the impact it has on society.
• Leveraging of all assets: A commitment to provide grantees and partners with resources, ideas and challenges so they may thrive.
• Innovation: A desire to reward creative and risk-taking thinking and individuals.
• Responsibility: A dedication to honesty and fairness in all dealings and a commitment to considering the social and environmental implications of our practices and those of our partners.
The Program Associate will work with the Program Officer to support the full range of the Foundation's grantmaking in the arts. Responsibilities include:
• Analyze conditions and trends in program area as they relate to the Foundation’s objectives and program goals
• Help administer the Foundation’s arts grant programs
• Manage new and renewal grants processes and procedures
• Field and respond to inquiries from a wide range of constituencies
• Implement the electronic grants system for applications
• Review grantee proposals and reports for content and completeness
• Prepare materials for board docket write-ups
• Research in selected areas of program interest
• Research and implement tracking and evaluation systems measuring the success of grants and Program strategies
• Data management and reporting
• Accompany Program Officer on site visits to applicant organizations
• Attend arts events and performances
• Administrative responsibilities related to the above and to other areas as needed, such as communications, event planning, website maintenance, newsletters, and financial reports
The Program Associate will report to the Arts Senior Program Officer of the Kenneth Rainin Foundation. This position is based in Oakland, CA.