This job is no longer available
Director of Supported Living and Independent Living
Serra Center | Union City CA 94587 USA | Full Time | Posted: 03/06/2013
Social Services, Non-Profit Agency
Serra Center, an established non-profit social service agency serving adults with developmental disabilities since 1975, is seeking a Director for our community based Independent (ILS) and Supported Living Services.
The Director of ILS/Supported Living Services works out of our Union City, CA administrative office and oversees the day-to-day operations of the agency’s Independent and Supported Living Services (ILS/SL) serving 70 individuals residing throughout Southern Alameda County and the East Bay. The Director of ILS/SL is responsible for the supervision and mentoring of a team of Program Supervisors, development of ILS/Supported Living Services to include fiscal management, referral, assessment, intake, coordination and quality of services.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE: An outgoing, positive person who will be passionately committed to ensuring quality living skills support to individuals with developmental disabilities. A proven leader who works well with others in a team-oriented environment, is able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and possess the initiative and vision to grow and develop services.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in social services, social work, or related field. A minimum of four years’ program experience and two years’ experience as a supervisor. Prior experience in a non-profit environment working with the developmentally disabled population is preferred. Proven experience with program development, fiscal management and marketing. A detailed knowledge and understanding of the operations of associated regulatory bodies: Regional Center System, Department of Developmental Services, and Title 17. A proven track record and understanding with managing applicable client benefits (Medi-Cal, Social Security, In-Home Supportive Services, etc.). Experience with case management, assessment and analysis. Excellent written and verbal communication and math skills. Proficiency with computers and electronic recording keeping systems.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Valid CA Driver’s License, clean driving record and access to a vehicle; Department of Justice Clearance; successful completion of company Physical and TB Test.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you do not currently meet the mandatory and essential requirements you will not be considered for the position.
EXAMPLES OF WORK DUTIES: (Position may not include all of the following, nor do all of the listed examples include all duties and responsibilities which may be required in this position position).
1. Overall direction of the ILS/SL program.
2. Maintain program budget, ensure POS contracts are renewed, and ensure completion of monthly program billing for ILS and Supported Living.
3. Promote program / agency services to community, including the recruitment of clients.
4. Maintain positive relations with regional centers, school districts, Housing Authority, IHSS, etc., and other agencies and public entities as applicable.
5. Work with the HR Manager to meet recruitment needs. Administer staff training within program and throughout agency, to further staff job knowledge and development of agency.
6. Direct supervision, assessment and training of Program Supervisors.
7. Administer training within program and throughout agency, to further staff job knowledge and development of agency.
8. Attend trainings pertaining to the field to further personal job development, knowledge.
9. Facilitate communication with families, case managers and others as they apply to the agency and clientele.
10. Oversee the development of support plans for clientele and ensure principles of Person Centered Planning.
11. Perform Assessments on new perspective clients as required. Perform on-going assessment of current client’s abilities, needs, choices, and adjust client’s support where appropriate, per the ID Team.
12. Oversee Quality Assurance practices to ensure client satisfaction and program quality throughout agency. Perform program evaluation/assessment as required.
13. Familiarity of and ensure that agency programs are in compliance with Title 17 regulations.
14. Attend provider and other meetings as required.
15. Serve on-call rotation (approximately every 7th week) as the 24-hour On-Call Administrator for the agency.
16. Serve as an Administrative Team Member of the agency; participate in agency committees, events as required or assigned.
17. Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT WE OFFER: Competitive salary DOE; flexible work schedule in a casual, professional environment; paid vacation, sick, and holidays; medical (PPO or HSA option), dental, pension, and EAP program.
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
|Location||Union City, CA, 94587, United States|
|Annual Salary||$46,000.00 - $52,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Social Work/ Services|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|Pref Major||Social Work / Social Services|
|Certifications||Valid CA Driver's License, Department of Justice Clearance, successful completion of company physical and TB Test|
|Contact Name||Sue Lopez|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Primary Fax||510 477-1006|
|Job Code||Director of Supported and Independent Living|