PRESCHOOL CALIFORNIA, a project of Community Initiatives, is a nonprofit advocacy organization working to ensure all children have the early experiences necessary to be successful learners by the end of third grade, setting them on a path to college and career readiness.
We are seeking a Senior Communications Manager for our Oakland office. The Senior Communications Manager will report to the President and will manage the Communications & Online Advocacy Associate.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and implement strategic communications efforts at a pivotal time for our organization. Preschool California is currently repositioning itself and formulating a new vision encompassing an expanded focus on birth to third grade, building off of recent education reform successes, including the creation of a new grade, transitional kindergarten.
• Work with team to develop strategic communications plans for the organization’s campaigns.
• Coordinate development and refinement of strategic messaging that communicates Preschool California’s policy priorities.
• Package messages in compelling communications vehicles and disseminate through various channels, including work with stakeholders, media and online.
• Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, and act as a resource for partner organizations.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with media, strategically pitch stories and monitor media coverage of related education issues to identify opportunities.
• Supervise Communications & Online Advocacy Associate and related website, social media and email work.