California Nurses Association/ National Nurse United seeks an experienced highly professional, Executive Assistant to work in the Executive Office, based in Oakland, California. The Executive Assistant is responsible for all aspects relating to the CNA Board of Directors and the NNU Executive Council. The Executive Assistant also plays an integral role in the daily running of the Executive Office, which includes providing comprehensive administrative and clerical support and working on special projects, as needed.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states.
• Handle all aspects of work relating to the board and executive council meetings including planning, hotel and travel logistics, new member orientation, and coordination of materials
• Take and finalize minutes, proofread all materials related to either entity before distribution
• Accurately maintain the BOD and Executive Council calendars for meetings, mailings, elections, etc
• Coordinate speaking and media requests of officers with the Exec Office and Communications Dept
• Respond to direct requests from board members and executive council members
• Maintain all meeting files and documents pertaining to each entity
• Provide high level administrative support to Exec Office staff
• Take on and complete Exec Office projects, as needed
• Answer department phones, as needed
• Act as back up to confidential secretary
• A minimum of 5 years experience as a high level executive assistant
• A minimum of 2 years experience working directly with a board of directors
• Experience working in a highly stressful environment with multiple priorities
• Extensive experience in meeting planning and scheduling
• Advanced command of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Proven ability to follow through on tasks and assignments
• Professional and confident phone manner
• Ability to use good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Strong time-management and organizational skills
• Ability to work comfortably with high level staff
• Flexibility and willingness to take the initiative on a variety of projects
• Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
• Interest in social activism, labor unions, and health care issues
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
This position requires some travel.
Excellent salary and benefits package including full family medical, dental and pension.
Please apply below with résumé, salary history, references, and cover letter addressed to:
Rose Ann DeMoro, Executive Director
No phone calls, please. For more information about CNA/NNU, please check out www.nationalnursesunited.org
CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We urge people of color and women of all backgrounds, to apply.