This job is no longer available
New England Branch Director
Bethany Christian Services | Boston MA 02201 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/05/2012
New England Branch Director
North Andover, Massachusetts (Greater Boston Area)
Bethany Christian Services (BCS) is seeking its next New England Branch Director. Bethany is recognized as a prominent leader in social services throughout the world as well as in the US through a network of over 100 offices in 30 states while holding the position of the largest adoption agency in the US. From their regional office in North Andover, Massachusetts, the Director will provide leadership to Bethany’s work throughout the Northeast US. The new Branch Director will provide entrepreneurial leadership in enhancing the scope and quality of services currently provided as well as identifying new opportunities and increasing community awareness to meet the needs of children and families in New England.
Reporting to Bethany’s Director of Operations-Eastern Region, the Branch Director will manage and direct full and part time staff in Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Rhode Island. S/He will led tits he development and implementation of the Branch Strategic Plan as well as marketing and fundraising efforts. Working closely with the New England Branch Board of Directors, the Branch Director will actively advance BCS’s mission and vision in the region.
Role & Responsibilities
• Provide ongoing assessment of current program strengths and needs, and leadership in innovative expansion opportunities.
• Effective supervise staff, set and enforce expectations for the delivery of high quality services consistent with state, COA and agency standards that consistently exceed client expectations.
• Create and execute the branch strategic plan with input from staff and board of directors.
• Oversee hiring of staff that are an excellent fit for their position and the agency culture.
• Train, guide, and mentor staff enabling them to reach their potential with Bethany.
• Prepare, implement, and monitor the annual branch budget, aligned with the branch strategic plan and with the support and advisement of the local Board and Director of Operations.
• Achieve the budgeted branch contributions goal by developing and implementing a thorough annual fund-raising plan. Effectively build relationships with designated top donors.
• Demonstrate a commitment to professional growth regarding matters of effective leadership and management, clinical supervision, child welfare issues and legislative trends.
• Develop and implement an effective annual branch marketing and public relations plan designed to help achieve the branch service and financial goals.
• Actively network with state service units and private organizations. Assume responsibility for development and enhancement of positive relationships with contractors, referral sources, other agencies, courts and churches, seeking opportunities to make presentations regarding Bethany services and expertise.
• Ensure effective clinical supervision of staff. Monitor child and family service and placement activity, and remain apprised of key case plans and decision making.
• Participate in National project teams as needed. Provide feedback regarding national strategic initiatives and attend required National conferences.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Five years of experience in social work or related field including two years of successful management, supervisory, program development and administrative experience including budget development and management.
• Master's degree in Social Work or related MA/MS which will meet state licensing requirements.
• Current professional licensure or registration to meet state requirements, or be eligible to obtain.
• Demonstrated excellence in leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
• Entrepreneurial attitude and demonstrated networking skills,
• Subscription to Bethany's Statement of Faith, Mission Statement and Cultural Diversity Commitment, and the ability to integrate this into daily work.
|Location||Boston, MA, 02201, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Human Services, Social Work/ Services|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Contact Name||Ron Infinger|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||New England Branch Director|