Requires a personality that is not easily ruffled by constant and disparate demands from a variety of inside and outside requesters. Must be patient, comfortable with numbers and software applications, with an extraordinary attention to detail. Responsibilities include gift entry, manipulating data from the Raiser's Edge database to aid fundraising, maintaining accurate constituent records and supporting donor relations efforts for the University’s Annual Fund and Capital Campaign. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, meet deadlines, provide outstanding customer service, and be able to build lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Work with the Development Team to identify and support ways to expand fundraising efforts, particularly with alumni, resulting in increased revenue for the University. Monitor and communicate program progress with periodic results.
• Support the identification, cultivation and solicitation of alumni donors.
• Be responsible for issues of Raiser’s Edge, as well as upkeep and sharing of new information with the team, including annual maintenance of the Endowed Scholarship database.
• Manage, on a timely basis, the monthly reports for the purpose of gifts received to be released to the Business Office for month closing.
• Prepare reports for quarterly trustee meetings.
• Work with Event Team to support the annual Scholarship dinner with recipients and givers.
• Perform all gift entry into Raiser’s Edge.
• Support the prospect research efforts of the Annual Fund and Capital Campaign as directed.
• Provide analytical/statistical reports/lists as needed by the Advancement team.
• Provide administrative assistance, as needed, for the VP for Advancement.
• Manage any requests by others in the Advancement department, as needed.
• Assist in budget reporting, analysis and preparation.
• Demonstrated experience and expertise in database management, research and analysis.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Two years of Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, and proficiency with Internet searches required.
• Energetic self-starter who can earn the respect and trust of internal and external constituents and work collaboratively with colleagues.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented, with ability to work and think independently as well as function in a team environment when required.
• Professional with proven track record of successfully managing multiple priorities.
• Excellent communication skills, including oral and written communication.
• Highly professional demeanor; excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone.
• Strong customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.