PPSP is currently seeking a part-time Reproductive Health Specialist II to serve our clients at the Clearlake health center. The Reproductive Health Specialist reports to the Center Manager and is an integral part of the Client Services department.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position, working 32 hours per week including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Salary is $13.58 - $16.06/hour + bilingual pay differential.
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• As a member of our reproductive health care team, deliver prenatal, family planning and abortion services to our clients in accordance with affiliate-wide and center-specific protocols, policies and procedures.
• Perform general front office duties including front desk reception, answering phones, scheduling appointments and providing referrals.
• Provide general information regarding medical services, including education about birth control, pregnancy, preventative health care, infections, medications and treatments. Provide pregnancy options and HIV/AIDS testing and counseling.
• Ensure accurate completion and client understanding of all necessary forms.
• Accurately take client vitals and perform charting to include taking medical histories and documenting current medications and prescription refills.
• Prepare clients for examination and explain treatment procedures.
• Assist clinician during examinations, as needed.
• Ability to maintain professionalism and client confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to work in a busy environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously without compromising accuracy, attention to detail, and courtesy and respect to clients and staff.
• Experience working in a health care setting preferred.
• Knowledge of medical assistant practices and reproductive health preferred.
• Ability to work calmly, efficiently and represent the organization with a high degree of professionalism.
• Excellent customer service, problem solving, judgment, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and to work independently and as a member of the team.
• Flexible and able to work in other health center locations, as requested.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly desired.
• Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
• Ability to provide reproductive healthcare services to socioeconomically diverse populations with compassion.
• Ability to provide reproductive health care services with a non-judgmental, client-centered approach.
• Commitment to quality healthcare.
TO APPLY: Please apply online at our website www.pp-sp.org under jobs and provide your cover letter, resume, and names of three professional references with their phone numbers.
Please visit our website for even more information about us: www.pp-sp.org
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPSP values collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences.