Work at one of the most innovative non-profit organizations in San Francisco or anywhere.
This is not just a job. It is an opportunity to use your skills, passion and creativity to contribute to a better San Francisco. Work with a great group of committed, smart people and we will commit resources to build your skills and challenge your limits.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has been on the cutting edge of social services since 1889. The list of historic achievements is astounding (http://www.fsasf.org/abt_historyfacts.html). FSA continues a 125 year commitment to research and innovation. Take a look at the link and see 125 years of innovation. Take a look at the videos of clients talking about our programs and feel how important FSA is as a safety net for thousands of vulnerable individuals young and old. You can be part of that.
Family Service Agency of San Francisco is seeking a full-time Chief Development Officer. Please review the job description below and provide a resume and cover letter describing how your background, experience and interests are aligned with this position.
Founded in 1889, Family Service Agency has a 121-year history of innovation in services for vulner¬able children, families, and adults. With a $17 million operating budget and nearly 300 employees, FSA offers an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and supportive work environment.
If you are looking for a leadership position in a forward-thinking organization where you can put your relationship building, communication, and fundraising skills to work to help us change the future of social services, FSA could be the place for you.
We offer an excellent benefits package and salaries that are well above the median for Bay Area non-profits. We are seeking a Chief Development Officer who is passionate about fund development and communications, and excited by the idea of doing that work for a thriving organization that is a leading innovator in social and behavioral health services.
The Chief Development Officer will develop and implement the strategy to build sustainable, unrestricted revenue streams to support growth and innovation. Strategies led by the Chief Development Officer would include traditional development approaches such as planned, annual and deferred giving programs; annual campaigns; and foundation and corporate relationships. However, we are looking for someone whose capacities and interests extend beyond these traditional vehicles. We are seeking someone who knows and is comfortable with venture capital, the new philanthropy, social venture funding, and crowd-sourcing.
The Chief Development Officer will also lead the organization’s communication and marketing strategy, build awareness, and strengthen the FSA brand. They will be responsible for integrated communication and fundraising strategies that include email, direct mail, social media, content marketing and other strategies.
The CDO will manage a staff of three. The CDO is part of the senior management team, reporting directly to the CEO. The department will be measured on its ability to set and meet financial goals and manage the process of sustaining and growing relationships with funders.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Develop organization-wide fund development strategy, facilitate execution of the strategy across departments
• Direct all internal and external communications and campaigns
• Manage the Development Department, set and meet fundraising goals
• Collaborate with program staff and provide guidance for the development and marketing of new enterprises and fee-for-service endeavors and implement innovative funding and investment plans to support FSA innovation
• Undertake direct-mail campaigns, annual appeals, and capital campaigns
• Act as the staff representative for the Development Committee—Collaborate with Board of Directors and particularly with the Development Committee in creating and advancing organizational development, branding, and marketing plans
• Develop and oversee an integrated media strategy including traditional media, new media, and social media.
• Develop and implement sustained individual donor, corporate, and foundation development programs.
• Brand management
• Ten years of experience with a track record of success
• A minimum of three years of experience in a senior management role
• Excellent Management skills with experience in fundraising, marketing and communications
• Hands-on experience building and managing marketing or fund raising programs like direct mail, email, and social media—not just management experience
• Excellent speaking and writing skills
• Strategic planning experience
• An excellent manager able to mentor and empower team members, both direct-reports and others
• Understanding of marketing communications best practices and latest communication technology
• Demonstrated and documented success
• Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds including staff, consultants, board members, foundation staff, donors, business leaders, etc.
Department: Fund development
Reports to: CEO
We intend to provide the right candidate with a salary that is more than competitive for the field.
SEND RESUMES TO:
Vickie Castro, Director of Human Resources
Family Service Agency of San Francisco