Work at one of the most innovative non-profit organizations in San Francisco or anywhere.
This is not just a job. It is an opportunity to use your skills, passion and creativity to contribute to a better San Francisco. Work with a great group of committed, smart people and we will commit resources to build your skills and challenge your limits.
Family Service Agency (FSA) has been on the cutting edge of social services since 1889. The list of historic achievements is astounding (http://www.fsasf.org/abt_historyfacts.html). FSA continues a 125 year commitment to research and innovation. Take a look at the link and see 125 years of innovation. Take a look at the videos of clients talking about our programs and feel how important FSA is as a safety net for thousands of vulnerable individuals young and old. You can be part of that.
Family Service Agency of San Francisco is seeking a full-time Communications/Development Manager to work in the Development Department. Please review the job description below and provide a resume and cover letter describing how your background, experience and interests are aligned with this position.
Founded in 1889, Family Service Agency has a 125-year history of innovation in services for vulner-able children, families, and adults. With a $17 million operating budget and nearly 300 employees, FSA offers an entrepreneurial, dynamic, and supportive work environment.
If you are looking for a position where you’ll have an opportunity to work with and learn from the smartest people in their fields, have lots of opportunity to learn, be encouraged to innovate and think outside the box, FSA could be the place for you.
We offer an excellent benefits package and salaries that are well over the median for Bay Area non-profits. We are seeking employees who are passionate about the work they do and excited by the idea of doing that work for a thriving organization that is a leading innovator in social and behavioral health services.
Most of our revenue currently comes from government contracts. However, we know that in today’s economy we need to diversify our funding streams. We want to grow our funding from corporations, foundations, and individuals as well as our government funding.
The Grants team is responsible for the government and major foundation grants while the development team will be responsible for building new relationships with private doors, corporations, and community foundations.
The development team will be measured on their success in increasing the amount of unrestricted revenue raised, expanding program operations, and building awareness of FSA in the Bay Area and beyond.
The Development and Communications Manager will perform a variety of duties in support of the entire Development Department. The right person for this job will be entrepreneurial, goal oriented, flexible, self-directed, not afraid to take chances, positive and ready to jump into the deep end. We’re growing and changing quickly. So we need someone who can grow and change with us. The Communications and Development Manager will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities
The job consists roughly of the following breakdown:
Development Work: 45%
• Supervising the Development Coordinator who will be responsible for managing the Convio donor and grant data base and other support functions
• With the Chief Development Officer, developing department goals and reports documenting progress in achieving them
• Researching new funding sources
• Preparing content for donor appeals, other donor related communication and cultivation and proposals to local foundations and corporations
• Managing development events
• Collaborating with and supporting the contracted Grants Specialist
Marketing & Communications: 50%
• Editing and writing fundraising and communications materials
• Preparing written content for a variety of publications, including newsletters, annual reports, press communication, website pages, social media outlets
• Managing and reporting on the impact of social media campaigns
• Project manage email and direct mail campaigns including newsletters and annual appeals
• Producing and managing the production of brochures and other materials
• Coordinate with program managers/directors and collaborate with them on marketing of their earned-revenue generating programs
• Act as editor-and-chief of website, update content, ensure quality and consistency
• Coordinate internal and external communications as needed
Administrative Support: 5%
• Support Board Members on the Development Committee with committee-related activities as needed
• A minimum of 5 years experience in development, fundraising, marketing or communications setting
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent educational experience
• High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, desired
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, required
• High level HTML skills. Experience with CMS such as Wordpress, Drupal desired
• Proficiency with permission-based email campaign and marketing automation software such as Constant Contact, Exact Target, Eloqua, required
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively with staff and all volunteers
• Self motivated and highly organized
Reports to: Development Director
SEND RESUMES TO:
Paul Gibson, Development Director
Family Service Agency of San Francisco