JELF awards need-based, interest-free loans for post-secondary education (college, graduate school and vocational programs) to Jewish students from Georgia, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina who would not be able to attend school otherwise. Since 1985, JELF has loaned nearly $8 million in interest-free loans for post-secondary education and is proud of its 99%+ payback rate on its loans.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the overall operations of the JELF central office, including the areas of loan applications, loan repayment, fundraising and volunteer management efforts. This is a part-time, hourly, 20-25 hour per week position reporting the JELF Executive Director.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and self-start
• Flexible and team oriented
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, as well as experience with donor software
• Ability to handle confidential information with a high level of professionalism
• Requires a high school diploma and three to five years' administrative experience
• Conduct general administrative tasks including, but not limited to: copying, filing (electronic and hard copy), data entry, mailings.
• Coordinate and schedule all JELF committee meetings and special events – including communicating with meeting attendees, managing RSVPs, and securing meeting logistics (space, food, etc).
• Manage incoming phone calls, email, postal mail and faxes - including answering or screening/transferring/distributing appropriately to fellow staff members.
• Acknowledge donor contributions and create, update and maintain donor accounts in donor software and email marketing programs.
• Organize office and maintain supply inventory.
• Assist as needed with JELF special events.
• Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Candidates may apply for the position by sending a cover letter, resume, and salary history via E-MAIL to email@example.com