Serra Center, a non-profit organization providing living skills support and training to adults with developmental disabilities since 1975, is seeking a seasoned professional to serve as our Human Resources Manager.
This position requires a high level of responsibility and experience in the areas of job analysis, salary and benefit administration, payroll processing, recruitment, placement, employee relations and services, equal employment opportunity, performance management, personnel records, policies and procedures of the organization along with tracking employee development and orientation.
Thorough knowledge of state certification, Title 22 and 17 licensing and other regulatory requirements - including state and federal laws referencing safety, health and sanitation is required. Thorough knowledge of state of the art concepts and national trends addressing quality of life issues for the developmentally disabled and training issues for staff working with individuals being served is required. This position requires knowledge of team building and an ability to use persuasive leadership.
The Human Resources Manager must possess a high level of organization and an ability to maintain systematic assessment and evaluating systems to ensure sound agency operations, as well as determine the effectiveness of the organization’s services. This position requires self-initiative, self-motivation, independent decision making and positive public relations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Personnel Management, Human Services or other related field, a minimum of five (5) years experience in supervisory management - preferably in the developmentally disabled field. Must possess knowledge of computers – Excel, Word, Electronic payroll and record keeping systems; proficiency with ten-key calculation, knowledge of CA labor law requirements for the industry, to include CA wage and hour laws. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines is a must. Individual must possess initiative and work well with others in a team-oriented environment.
Valid CA Driver's License, clean driving record and access to a vehicle; Department of Justice Clearance; successful completion of company physical and TB Test.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Human Resources forecasting and planning personnel policy formulation and organizational development.
2. Recruitment, interviewing, orientation of new employees, performance appraisals, promotion, transfer and separation of employees.
3. Coordination of training and development requirements, tracking necessary training needed and obtained by employees.
4. Wage and Salary Administration
5. Employee Benefit Administration
6. Coordination and monitoring of the implementation of corrective guidelines for consistency and legality, handling of grievances, service recognition and performance awards.
7. Coordination of employee attitude surveys, staff communication, suggestion systems and community relations program.
8. Develop, implement, supervise and maintain agency volunteer program to benefit agency operations.
9. Compilation of facts and figures for personnel/human resources planning in compliance with federal, state and local governments.
10. Participate in the planning and preparation of the HR/staffing component of the annual agency budget process.
11. Work with the agency’s advisory board as required. Prepare and present reports related to HR Management of the organization as requested.
12. Act as the agency’s Safety Officer. Responsible for overseeing and implementing the agency’s Health and Safety Program. To include coordination of meetings, recording minutes for agency record, and revisions of policy as required. Ensure agency compliance per OSHA regulations and Worker’s Compensation.
13. Development and revision of job descriptions as necessary.
14. Knowledge of computer data entry, adhere to agency systems of record keeping – electronic and paper.
15. Coordination of the Employee Assistance (EAP) Program.
16. Coordination, consulting and tracking of promotions, transfers, personnel record keeping, productivity and motivation programs, exit interviews, EEOC compliance, affirmative action.
17. Participate as an active team member of the agency administrative management team, to include serving on the agency on-call rotation as scheduled.
18. Participate in Program staffing to observe and assess agency needs, assist with needed coverage.
19. Oversee the reporting of auto and property insurance claims for the agency. Work with the CFO, who will ensure completion of the claim.
20. Oversee and process the incoming mail for the agency. Open and date stamp mail daily and distribute accordingly, log incoming checks in the agency mail log, distribute.
21. Oversee implementation of agency communication systems.
22. Responsible for maintaining an open and positive relationship with organization staff and stakeholders.
23. Other duties as assigned by CEO or required due to organizational need
WHAT WE OFFER:
Competitive salary DOE; flexible work schedule in a casual, professional environment; paid vacation, sick, and holidays; medical (PPO or HSA), dental pension, and EAP program.
For a detailed job description and to learn more about Serra Center, please visit our website.