Program Associate (Position located in Oakland, CA)
Salary commensurate with experience
This professional-level position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink. PolicyLink is a national research and action institute that works to advance policies at the federal, state, and local level to achieve economic and social equity. Please visit our website at: www.policylink.org.
The program associate will support the implementation of the Leadership and Sustainability Institute (LSI) for Black Male Achievement. The LSI is a national network that seeks to ensure growth, sustainability, and impact of leaders and organizations across the public, private, and nonprofit sectors and is committed to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys through systemic change. In this role, the program associate will report to the Black Male Achievement team lead at PolicyLink and work in partnership with Root Cause and the Open Society Foundations Campaign for Black Male Achievement.
Areas of Responsibility
The program associate will play a pivotal role in nurturing and managing communities of practice that improve life outcomes for black males. The LSI communities of practice are a long-term collaborative infrastructure for existing and new networks of leaders at the local, state, and national levels to consistently connect, share knowledge, and align their activities toward shared policy and field-building goals that improve life outcomes for black men and boys.
Results and Tasks
• As a result of PolicyLink support provided by the program associate and other team members, the LSI communities of practice will have a concentrated focus on Black Male Achievement and the infrastructure, tools, and resources necessary to take individual and collective action in support of this population. The program associate will support communities of practice by:
o Managing and facilitating monthly calls with designated communities of practice.
o Fielding, triaging, and responding to TA requests.
o Facilitating the development of community-of-practice action plans.
o Organizing and leading workshops, trainings, and supporting convenings.
o Developing tools and resources.
• Two to five years’ experience and/or training in issues of concern to boys and men of color.
• Experience managing and facilitating the development of networks.
• Experience with public policy analysis and advocacy.
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and Desktop Publishing Software.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starting member of a team.
• Good time management skills and ability to effectively work on multiple projects.
• Well-organized, hard worker, able to work well under pressure and meet shifting deadlines.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
PolicyLink – Program Associate Search Committee
1438 Webster Street, Suite 303
Oakland, CA 94612
Fax to 510-663-4358 or e-mail to email@example.com (include subject line: “[your name]
(Program Associate-Oakland). Position open until filled.
Please note: No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
PolicyLink is committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment.