The Institute for Georgia Environmental Leadership (IGEL) is seeking a Development/Grants Manager to manage the organization’s annual fundraising, sponsorship and grant activities. IGEL (www.igeleaders.org) is a non-profit, 501 (c) (3) corporation dedicated to building and sustaining a diverse network of environmentally educated leaders to help resolve Georgia’s environmental challenges.
The IGEL Development/Grants Manager is a part-time position (approximately 15 hours/week). Specific responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing an annual fundraising plan, including, but not limited to, prospect research, cultivation and stewardship of past, current and prospective donors;
• Developing, writing, and managing grants from foundation, corporate and government sources;
• Managing annual alumni and corporate giving campaigns; and
• Securing sponsorships for the annual IGEL Summit.
The IGEL Development/Grants Manager will be a self-starter with the ability to successfully carry out responsibilities according to policies and procedures with minimal oversight. The position reports directly to the Executive Committee of the IGEL Board of Directors.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and perform tasks without daily supervision;
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university;
• Minimum 3-5 years successful job-related experience in corporate and foundation fund raising and securing grants;
• Prior experience working for a non-profit organization is preferred;
• Knowledge of nonprofit business practices;
• Knowledge of the Georgia and Southeast U.S. corporate and foundation communities;
• Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
The IGEL Development/Grants Manager will work from a home office and supply her/his own computer and phone. IGEL, Inc. will provide a dedicated email address, P.O. Box, necessary office supplies, and reimbursement for certain travel expenditures. This position requires rapid and adequate internet access.
Submit qualifications and salary requirements by January 11, 2013:
IGEL, Inc., PO Box 363, Camilla, GA 31730, or firstname.lastname@example.org.