This job is no longer available
MedShare International | Atlanta GA 30034 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/06/2012
Development Manager (Full Time)
Description: The Development Manager is responsible for participating in the day to day execution of MedShare’s comprehensive development strategy, in particular managing the Annual Fund, and providing centralized, strategic support for individual development staff objectives for multiple functional and geographic areas. Through collaboration with members of the development team, ensure that the organization’s donor relationships are cultivated and stewarded. This position includes oversight of all development related technology, including the prospect and donor management database and donation related software. The Development Manager will provide research and prospecting information to relationship managers; write projects and grant proposals as assigned by the Chief Development Officer; coordinate mailings and appeals and development and implement stewardship activities.
Reports To: Chief Development Officer
Supervises: Development Associate
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages the Annual Fund campaign
- o Implements strategic and highly coordinated campaign
o Develops creative appeals that results in increased funding to fund
o Develops meaningful recognition opportunities for donors
• Strengthens and renews relationships with a portfolio of 50+ donors with giving potential of up to $5,000
- o Special emphasis will be made to upgrade current donors who give $1,000+
o Mines organizational data to proactively identify and cultivate prospects
o Pursues proactive national grantmaking program
• Manages the provision of centralized support for development activities
- o Proposal development and timeline
o Donor Pages
o Gift acknowledgment processes
o Database management and integrity
o Reporting and stewardship
o Prospect research
o Misc. writing and presentation preparation
• Works in support of other relationship managers, proactively suggests strategies for moving existing and new major gifts prospects through the steps of the development process (referral → researched prospect → cultivation → solicitation → stewardship).
• Represents and serves as back-up to key executives as requested in meetings and calls with potential funders, partners, government officials, recipients and other VIPs. Provides high level relationship support as needed and ensures administrative support, including research and facilitation of the development / container sponsorship process.
• Provides support as needed for Atlanta based volunteer fundraising groups, specifically the Southeast Regional Council.
• Bachelors’ Degree
• 3+ years of nonprofit development experience in an organization of similar size and scope and staffing volunteer fundraising and advocacy groups
• Passion for community service, international development, and MedShare’s mission.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience living or working with diverse groups, international experience, and/or fluency in a second language preferred.
• Donor database management experience required.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and able to meet and manage multiple deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively with a range of personalities and working styles, and with people at all levels of the organization, including staff, board, and donors.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to perform multiple detail oriented tasks effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
$40,000 - $50,000, hiring range expected in the mid-40s. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave. The position is located in Atlanta.
All applications submitted by January 31, 2013 will be considered. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com with “Development Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Thank you for considering us! We regret that we are only able to respond to final candidates.
MedShare is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, gender, race or ethnic origin, religion, veteran status, physical or medical condition, political affiliations or sexual orientation.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30034, United States|
|Categories||Human Services, Medical Services/Health Care, Other|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|