This job is no longer available
Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta, Inc. | Mableton GA 30126 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/07/2012
Reports To: Director of Foundation and Corporate Grants
Status: Exempt, Full-Time, Salaried
Location: Mableton Office
Department: Development, Marketing and Communications
The Grants Manager is responsible for fulfilling assigned grant responsibilities for prospect research, proposal writing, grant reporting and stewardship, and tracking and reporting these activities. This person is also responsible for managing assigned United Way and foundation relationships. Reporting to the Director of Foundation and Corporate Grants, the Grants Manager will maintain the calendar of deadlines and related meetings, assist in preparing reports and analyses for internal use, and will also work cross-functionally with other council staff and volunteers.
• Conduct research to identify potential institutional funding sources and write compelling grant proposals.
• Fulfill reporting requirements for assigned corporate, foundation and other institutional grants.
• Update grants management database and produce activity reports.
• Working with a cross-functional team, assist in the development of systems providing efficient, accurate statistical, budget and program-related information, as well as other pertinent information for grant generation, monitoring and reports.
• Maintain a schedule of application due dates, reporting timelines and other deliverables.
• Manage an assigned portfolio of United Way granting agencies and maintain external relationships with these agencies to maximize funding potential. This will require periodic travel throughout the Council’s service area.
• Coordinate staff and volunteer participation in the preparation of agendas and presentation materials for presentations and site visits for United Way and other funders.
• Work with Program and Membership department staff in order to develop up-to-date program narratives and reports, and to help keep the Fund Development team informed of plans, activities and achievements related to membership and program delivery related to grant requirements.
• Other duties as assigned to help the council deliver on its mission.
• Successfully complete an MVR and criminal and credit background check.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2-5 years (or equivalent experience) in successful grant solicitation; United Way and government grant experience helpful.
• A track record of success in winning corporate and foundation grants.
• Knowledge of the local philanthropic community preferred.
• Superior writing and editing skills, and strong background in prospect research.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, with the ability to read and interpret documents.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to motivate others to achieve divisional goals and objectives.
• Ability to work independently and effectively in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Must also excel in working cooperatively with departmental and interdepartmental teams.
• Experienced in data analysis and report preparation; Strong organization and project planning and management skills.
• Availability to travel and to work evenings and weekends as required.
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Girl Scouts is a must.
Requires strong computer and internet research skills including:
• Expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Experience with fund raising database and prospect tracking system.
• Raiser’s Edge experience preferred.
• Strong internet research skills.
• Requires the physical mobility to sit, walk or stand for moderate periods of time and to frequently carry or lift objects weighing up to twenty pounds.
For immediate consideration, please send a resume, cover letter and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Grants Manager” in the subject line. Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location||Mableton, GA, 30126, United States|
|Categories||Women/Girls, Youth Services|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Grants Manager|