This job is no longer available
National Association of Community Health Centers | Bethesda MD 20814 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/17/2012
The National Association of Community Health Centers – a mid-sized, non-profit committed to providing high-quality and patient-directed health care to underserved communities is seeking a full time Communications Specialist in our Communications department. Provides program and technical support in Communications Division, including maintenance/management of NACHC publishing standards and files and internal/external use of NACHC branding tools; production management of CHF magazine and editorial, research and technical support for communications projects as assigned.
Specifically, the Communications Specialist will oversee:
• Monitors internal adherence to NACHC publishing standards and internal/external use of NACHC brand tools (i.e., publications guidelines, logos, templates, etc.) Maintains all related files. Makes recommendations for updates/changes.
Community Health Forum Magazine
• Collects information and writes content for “Of Note” column
• Collects and prepares job classifieds and events calendar
• Prepares CHF mailing lists
• Manages advertisements (i.e., reviews ad applications, responds to questions re placement, fees, ad specifications and billing issues. Serves as liaison between advertisers, layout/designer and print vendor)
• Maintains an archive system for retrieval of articles by authors’ names, article titles, topics and publishing dates
• Posts articles/columns of issues online
• Assists in proofreading
• Performs website deletions/uploads for general areas upon request
• Handles online job board issues/questions
Develops/maintains communications databases (i.e. contacts and organizational photo archives).
• Performs tasks associated with the production and marketing of the Annual Health Center Compensation and Benefits Survey and Report (i.e. liaison with vendor on project timelines, CD duplication quantities, supplies, etc., drafts marketing materials, handles billing/ordering matters, etc.)
• Assists the EVP in staffing the Consumer/Board Member Committee meeting (i.e., prepares and sends committee notices and related materials, takes committee notes and assists in developing reports and minutes).
• Collects information and writes/distributes bimonthly internal electronic employee newsletter.
• Compiles information and creates promotion/messaging walk in slides for the CHI and P+I Conferences
• Maintains general division files (i.e. invoices, contracts, special projects, personnel, press releases, press books, etc.)
• Utilizes various computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphic design and print production to support development of presentations, reports, speeches, press releases, publications, and in preparing and distributing electronic communications (i.e., mailing lists, blast emails, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations)
• At least 3 years work experience in communications, PR, marketing or journalism (may be combined with related volunteer and/or college related experience, such as internships)
• Strong written, verbal, proofreading/editing, research and analytical skills.
• Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines – attention to detail is essential.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
In return, we provide a dynamic and team-oriented work environment, a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a market competitive salary. Our benefits package includes Retirement (403b with employer contribution at two years of employment), Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Life, AD&D, LTD, in addition to a generous leave package. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.nachc.com for more information!
|Location||Bethesda, MD, 20814, United States|
|Travel Required||10% of the time|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Communications Specialist|