This job is no longer available
Assistant Director for Communications
National Association of Community Health Centers | Bethesda MD 20814 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/17/2012
Assistant Director for Communications
The National Association of Community Health Centers – a mid-sized, non-profit committed to providing high-quality and patient-directed health care to underserved communities is seeking a full time Assistant Director for Communications in our Communications department. The Assistant Director will provide a broad range of communications support, including development/management of NACHC’s social media activities (i.e. blogs, social media feeds, including Facebook and Twitter); content management of general areas of NACHC’s website and writing/editing and multimedia tasks for communications projects.
Specifically, the Assistant Director will oversee:
Directs NACHC’s social media strategy and engagement, including the daily management of NACHC’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube presences and blogs; prepares written material and multimedia – including video – for these channels. Works with other NACHC divisions in tracking and promoting social media use among health centers and S/RPCAs. Works in conjunction with IT staff for ongoing update and improvement of the NACHC website.
Monitors, analyzes and generates reports on social networking and website activities/traffic to determine effectiveness and recommendations for improvement. Includes generating a monthly (and on a case by case basis, tailored) Google analytics report
• Assists across NACHC departments in placement and/or design of new web content areas to ensure uniformity across the site.
• Assists the Communications Director in handling incoming media and public relations inquiries. Tasks include triaging media requests, providing background information, and setting up interviews.
• Monitors, analyzes and reports on media coverage of health centers and NACHC and coverage trends.
• Develops and presents communications training workshops at NACHC’s major conferences and webinars as assigned.
Copywriting/ editing and multimedia tasks as assigned for various collateral materials, including reports, presentation templates, brochures, backgrounders, fact sheets, press releases, advertisements, Community Health Forum magazine, and other projects as assigned.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in communications, journalism, public relations or other related field).
• At least 4 years work experience in communications, PR, marketing or journalism with demonstrated editing and copywriting experience. Must be able to synthesize information/facts into clear, concise copy and able to vary writing style to meet needs.
• Familiarity with talking to members of the press and coordinating interviews.
• Must have strong time-management and organizational skills and be able to meet strict deadlines
• Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office software. Graphic design skills using Adobe Photoshop./Illustrator/InDesign is a plus.
• Expertise in managing Facebook and Twitter activities for entities.
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS and experience with website Content Management Systems preferred.
• Must be willing and able to travel.
• Must be able to work as a part of a team but also work independently, self-schedule and set priorities in order to juggle various deadline demands.
In return, we provide a dynamic and team-oriented work environment, a comprehensive employee benefits package in addition to a market competitive salary. Our benefits package includes Retirement (403b with employer contribution at two years of employment), Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Life, AD&D, LTD, in addition to a generous leave package. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com, or visit www.nachc.com for more information!
|Location||Bethesda, MD, 20814, United States|
|Travel Required||10% of the time|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Assistant Director for Communications|