Abode Communities is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to open new doors in people's lives through creative and responsible design, development and operation of service-enhanced affordable housing. The organization owns 37 properties that are home to more than 6,600 residents and has approximately eight additional properties under predevelopment and planning that will eventually place an additional 2,500 people in affordable, service-enhanced housing over the next three years.
The organization fulfills its mission via four core divisions: Architecture, Real Estate Development, Property Management and Resident Services.
General Duties and Responsibilities
The Communications Associate/Coordinator will provide support to Abode Communities' evolving and multidisciplinary brand. This can include, but is not limited to, the development of communications for:
- Division-related marketing materials;
- Newsletters and electronic communications;
- Award submissions;
- Website updates;
- Events; and
- Social media.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare and coordinate SOQ/RFQs to support business development
- Support event planning activities
- Coordinate fund development reporting
- Support individual donor relations
- Manage contact databases
- Perform a variety of marketing research
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a energetic and self-motivated critical thinker and communicator who, under the direction of the Director of Communications and Fund Development, will aid in the development of a broad range of corporate communications. The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for the organization's mission;
- Two plus years of experience in a related field:
- Completed a bachelor's degree program in marketing, communications or related field;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience in social media;
- Experience in electronic mail services such as Constant Contact, iContact or MailChimp; and
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suit (preferred).
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 9/80 work schedule
Benefits: Health insurance, Dental insurance, Long-term disability insurance, Voluntary retirement plan, Free parking, Vacation and sick leave
To apply, please visit https://www.smartrecruiters.com/AbodeCommunities/71232547-communications-associate-coordinator and submit your resume, salary history and cover letter.
To learn more about Abode Communities, please visit http://abodecommunities.org/site/.
Abode Communities is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.