School Manager – City Arts and Technology High School (CAT), San Francisco
Envision Education is seeking an energetic, flexible and highly organized School Manager to oversee the operations of a busy charter high school in San Francisco. This position requires a self-directed, team-oriented individual with a strong attention to detail and excellent technology skills. The School Manager is responsible for overseeing the schools’ compliance reporting, facilities, student data, and the student-testing program; and will provide administrative support and complete special projects to support the school and the Administration. The person in this role is the “face” of the school and interacts with students, parents, families and other external partners on a regular basis and reports to the Vice Principal of Operations.
• Manage student records, including updating daily attendance in Power School and monthly attendance reports. Work with Envision Education Support Office staff to create reports to support meeting state and federal compliance requirements.
• Administer procedures for accounts payable, monthly timesheets for payroll, and other financial activities. Provide budget-tracking support for Principal.
• Maintain student, office and accounting files and assist with faxing and copying.
• Assist in special projects such as enrollment events, school Exhibitions, Spirit Week events, Community Meeting activities, and fundraising efforts.
• Send out weekly email communications to families, staff and students.
• Coordinate process of finding substitute teachers as needed, and assist them with getting them acclimated to the classroom and submitting time sheets
• Manage state reporting of student data through CALPADS
• Collaborate with the HR Department in the Envision Education Support Office to ensure a smooth on-boarding process for new staff members, volunteers and part-time temporary support.
• Provide oversight to volunteers, interns and administrative assistant to complete office projects and ensure smooth office operations.
• Interact regularly with students, parents, prospective families, and visitors in a friendly, professional and informative manner.
• Provide other administrative support as needed including maintaining school and Principal’s calendar.
• Manage phone coverage, including answering phones directly and managing volunteer staff
• Assist in developing a strong school culture for students and adults alike.
• Participate in weekly meetings and professional development of office staff and. teachers.
• Manage communication to CAT community through School Reach
• A Bachelor’s Degree and 2-5 years’ directly related experience in an educational setting, or a non-profit organization.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment is required.
• Ability to work independently and as a team member is required.
• Must like and feel comfortable working with urban teenagers and parents.
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, accuracy, discretion, and a willingness to learn are essential.
• Must have proven attention to detail and time-management skills. Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task.
• Experience supervising other staff is a plus.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is preferred.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - are necessary.
• Experience with PowerSchool or another student database system is strongly preferred.
• Experience in, and commitment to, urban education and working with disadvantaged youth of color are preferred.
Salary: Competitive based on experience. Strong medical/dental benefits, 403b optional plan with Envision Education match, Flexible Benefits plans, commuter benefits and optional acupuncture/chiropractic plan.
The School Manager works 209 days, with school holidays.
To apply, submit an online application via www.envisionschools.org/apply
For more information, check out our website at www.envisionschools.org
Emailed applications WILL NOT be accepted
About Envision Education:
Envision Education was founded as a 501(c)(3) charter school management organization in 2002 to bring high quality college preparatory education to communities with the greatest need. Envision Education targets students who will be the first in their families to attend college, with the goal of 100% college admission and success for all Envision graduates. Envision’s schools are academically rigorous and integrate art and technology across the curriculum to instill the critical thinking, life experience and creative skills necessary for students to be successful in college and beyond. Today, Envision Education operates four schools in the Bay Area – two in San Francisco, one in Oakland, and one in Hayward.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.