Development Services Coordinator
Do you believe that innovation drives results and passion overcomes obstacles? Then join a fast-paced, mission-driven organization with a decidedly entrepreneurial spirit.
Position Location: Atlanta
Position Title: Development Services Coordinator
Business Unit/Department: Points of Light /Development
Position Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Position Summary: The Development Services Coordinator manages gift recording and reporting, donors stewardship programs, data management, information systems, and implementation to fulfill the goals of the Development Office.
• Manage and maintain (in communication with the organization’s system's staff) the Development office's Salesforce platform, including its reporting and integration with other Enterprise resources. Support the development of tools that calculate and communicate the effectiveness of the Development Office and measure the Enterprise’s return on investment.
• Anticipate and review Development Office information system’s needs; plan and direct the implementation of solutions for informational needs for development.
• Develop and execute internal processes and procedures for gift recording. Ensure compliance with external guidelines for proper recording and classification of donations. Financial recording and reporting as well as constituent information confidentiality and accuracy.
• Manage and direct an Enterprise-wide program that stewards and acknowledges all charitable gifts to Points of Light. Ensure prompt and accurate acknowledgement of all gifts, coordinating and ensuring personal responses to all corporate, individual, foundation and government donors.
• Participate in the establishment and refinement of the Development Office goals and plans as a member of the Development staff. Working with other program leaders in Development, promote and support the strategic integration of operational activities between the Development Office and other areas of the enterprise.
• Develop and refine Development reports for internal and external audiences, including ad hoc reports for development team tracking and Board updates.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant experience required.
• Understanding of nonprofit fund accounting revenue recognition guidelines and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Experience and demonstrated expertise with Salesforce database software, including demonstrated understanding of issues involved in managing and refining software for effective use in Development work.
• Experience in gift recording and reporting for charitable institutions preferred, including demonstrated knowledge of gift reporting guidelines.
• Experience training and communicating with professionals in non-technical specialties.
• A high degree of personal initiative with the desire and ability to help the Development team meet aggressive revenue goals.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in or with the intersection of non-profit and corporate cultures.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• A commitment to community service and the nonprofit sector.
• Individual must be able to thrive in an environment that is characterized by significant growth, diversity, and relentless change.
• Able to prioritize and multi-task, working efficiently and able to address a wide variety of considerations.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resources Points of Light, 600 Means Street, Suite 210, Atlanta, GA 30318 or E-mail: email@example.com No phone calls please.
Points of Light is the leading volunteer organization with more than 20 years of history and a bipartisan presidential legacy. Our mission is to inspire, equip and mobilize people to take action that changes the world. We connect people to their power to make a meaningful difference by providing access to tools, resources and opportunities to help volunteers use their time, talent, voice and money to meet the critical needs of our communities. We are organized into three divisions: Programs, Civic Incubator and Action Networks, which include: HandsOn Network, the largest network of 250 local volunteer centers across the country and around the world; generationOn, the youth service movement that ignites the power of kids to make their mark on the world; AmeriCorps Alums, the national service alumni network that activates the next generation of service leaders; and Points of Light Corporate Institute, which enables companies to engage their employees and customers in service.