INDIVIDUAL GIVING DIRECTOR
San Francisco, California
For other development listings in Northern California, please visit http://
ABOUT CATHOLIC CHARITIES CYO
Founded in 1907 to care for the orphans of the San Francisco earthquake, Catholic Charities CYO, which operates as an independent non-profit organization, is the social service agency of the San Francisco Archdiocese. Its mission is to serve and advocate for the poor, the sick, the distressed, children, youth, families, immigrants and seniors, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other basis covered by local law.
For more information about Catholic Charities CYO, please visit http://cccyo.org.
The Individual Giving Director oversees the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors at Catholic Charities CYO, including the management of a growing Annual Fund and major gifts program. The position personally manages a donor/prospect portfolio, and is a key driver of the strategy for creating a comprehensive and integrated path to acquire and upgrade donors at every level.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Individual Giving Director will also work closely with the Executive Director, the Director of Parish Partnerships, Program Directors, and the CCCYO Board of Directors to build relationships with donors throughout the giving continuum. At least initially, the position will not supervise full-time staff.
* Provide strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for individual giving within the context of growing CCCYO's annual, major, and planned giving programs.
* Build and manage a broad base of individual donors and prospects from various sources, with particular attention to those prospect segments identified as having the greatest potential for growth.
* Manage individual donor/prospect identification, research, cultivation, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship.
* Meet annual revenue goals for individual giving.
* Develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone, personal visitation, and volunteer engagement, all focused on shaping a sustainable tradition of annual and major gift support.
* Oversee all individual giving programs including Annual Fund, seasonal appeals, Circle of Angels monthly giving program, Catholic Charities CYO Sunday parish appeal, employee giving program, employer matching gift programs, and other special constituent campaigns.
* Identify donor cultivation opportunities, including volunteer engagement, events, site visits, and meetings.
* Identify individual donors with major gift potential and assist the Director of Development and Communications in tailoring systematic cultivation and solicitation strategies.
* Work closely with and support the Executive Director, Director of Development and Communications, Program Directors, and board members to increase individual donor engagement and build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
* Personally manage a portfolio of 50-75 donors with the capacity to give between $1,000 and $25,000, with annual goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
* Foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management, stewardship, and donor relations.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or reassigned by the organization's leadership at their discretion.
* Five or more years of fundraising experience, preferably including individual or annual gifts
* Demonstrated fundraising and analytical skills, with the ability to strategize creatively, recognize opportunities, identify critical high-yield activities, and prioritize them to attain goals
* Experience working with major donors and Board leadership to broaden donor support and participation
* Strong organizational skills and a successful record of managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
* Ability to set up and maintain donor/prospect moves management and tracking systems
* Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write effectively, speak persuasively, and listen attentively
* Strong information technology skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as web-based, e-mail, and social media fundraising tools
* Experience with fundraising databases, preferably Raiser's Edge
* Attitudes, knowledge and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations
* Familiarity with and support for the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and an understanding of Church administrative structure and parish operations
* A driver's license valid in California and a safe driving record, preferably coupled with familiarity with the Bay Area and Northern California region
* Ability and willingness to travel locally and to work night and weekends as required
* Bachelor's degree and preferably an advanced degree
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The responsibilities and qualifications listed above are representative. Additional physical requirements and work environment characteristics will be provided to interviewees upon request. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please send letter of interest and resume to Pamela Cook, search coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all applications.
Pre-employment background screening is required.
CATHOLIC CHARITIES CYO IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and is committed to providing equal employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, legal domicile status, veteran status, disability or AIDS/HIV status or any other characteristic protected under federal or state law.