Animals Asia Foundation Ltd. ("Animals Asia") is looking for an International Director of Fundraising who can significantly increase its fundraising capabilities. This will enable it to achieve its goal of ending the cruel practice of bear bile farming and to expand its valuable work helping other animals in Asia. Animals Asia has two large sanctuaries in China and Vietnam where more than 250 rescued moon bears are being cared for. Animals Asia is also actively involved in a number of other key welfare initiatives in Asia.
Location: Hong Kong
Reports to: Managing Director
Key relationships: CEO and country directors in Hong Kong and five other countries
Job Purpose: To take the lead role in every aspect of Animals Asia's fundraising activities internationally with the aim of significantly increasing the amount of funds raised annually
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Assume direct responsibility for the leadership and management of all fundraising and marketing undertaken by Animals Asia globally
• Develop and implement an integrated fundraising strategy that will generate increased sustainable income stream in line with the organisation’s programme objectives
• Lead effective fundraising initiatives including direct mailing, major donors, corporate giving, sponsorship, funds and foundations, legacies and regular giving
• Develop opportunities that will raise awareness of Animals Asia and acquire new donor segments
• Develop a long term plan to significantly increase income over the next
5 years according to financial targets by proactively securing funding from new income sources
• Develop an annual fundraising budget which focuses on a high return on investment
• Prepare periodic reports to assess the effectiveness of fundraising initiatives
• Play an active role in strategic reviews and contribute to the wider thinking and planning of the organisation
• Devise and implement effective fundraising literature and marketing communications in conjunction with the communications director promoting the organisation to potential supporters including celebrity public service announcements, leaflets, advertisements etc
• Represent the organisation as required and promote the interests of Animals Asia at events
• Manage a team of 24 people in Animals Asia's key fundraising hubs - Hong Kong, UK, Australia, Germany, US, and Italy
• Develop Animals Asia's major new CRM software programme which will be commissioned in 2013 to ensure its extensive capabilities are fully utilised
Requirements: The successful candidate will need to have the following:-
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Solid experience of working with CRM software to develop fundraising programmes which have resulted in significant income growth is essential
• Ten year's proven track record in the successful implementation of an international fundraising strategy in the non-profit sector with 5 years in a supervisory / management capacity
• Experience in the animal welfare sector an advantage but not mandatory
• Proven track record of raising funds from multiple sources such as major donors, direct mailing, bequests, monthly giving and the corporate sector
• Sound knowledge of marketing principles in relation to fundraising
• Goal oriented with the ability to drive results
• Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning, human behaviour and performance techniques
• Excellent budgeting and analytical skills
• Excellent multi-cultural communication and interpersonal skills
• Position based in Hong Kong but requires flexibility to travel as required
Salary and benefits
Salary and benefits for the role will competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit your cover letter and full resume indicating present and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the position applied for on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Applicants not hearing from us within four weeks of submitting their application may consider it unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications is 31 December 2012.
Personal Data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.