This job is no longer available
AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency
Academy for Urban School Leadership | Chicago IL 60634 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/11/2012
AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency
Do you want to teach and transform the lives of children in Chicago’s high-poverty schools? AUSL seeks talented, committed individuals who are passionate about urban education for the Chicago Teacher Residency, a post-graduate program in education. This intensive 12-month, full-time, paid training program combines teacher preparation, certification, and a Master's degree to give Residents the tools they need to dramatically improve student achievement in Chicago’s high-poverty, chronically failing schools.
After the training year, graduates commit to teach in Chicago Public Schools (CPS) for at least four years.
As an AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency resident, you will receive:
● A full school year of intensive urban teacher training: Work four days a week in the classroom of an experienced Mentor teacher, at an AUSL teacher training CPS school. Experience intensive and individualized coaching, guidance and opportunities for practice that will shape you into a confident, capable, and reflective teacher ready for the special challenges of your own classroom in a CPS school. Residencies for all grade levels (K-12) and content areas (Math, Science, Special Education, etc.) are available.
● A Master’s degree and Illinois teaching certification: Earn a Master of Arts in Teaching from National Louis University and your full Illinois Initial teaching certification in just one year. If you are already certified to teach, we offer a Master of Education in Urban Education.
● An affordable route to teaching: Receive financial support for your training year: a $30,000 salary plus a $2,775 AmeriCorps Education Award voucher (pending eligibility) or a $40,000 salary for Mathematics residents (no AmeriCorps award), discounted tuition from National Louis University, and financial aid including loan forgiveness.
● Post-training job placement opportunity: After the training year, graduates commit to teach in an AUSL-managed Chicago Public School for at least four years. Apply your training to help transform a high-poverty, chronically failing school and dramatically improve the academic outcomes and lives of your students. As a first year CPS Master’s degree teacher, earn over $50,000 plus benefits.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0 in the last 60 hours of coursework
● U.S. citizen, national, or permanent resident
● Dedication, commitment and resilience that are required to succeed in an urban public school
Join AUSL’s movement to transform public education in Chicago and launch a rewarding and exciting career as a teacher.
To apply, select the "Click Here (apply to job)" link below, under the Contact Information.
AUSL processes applications throughout the year, so apply early to earn a spot before the program is full.
AUSL’s mission is to improve student achievement in Chicago’s high-poverty, chronically failing schools through its disciplined transformation process, built on a foundation of specially trained AUSL teachers. AUSL has trained nearly 500 teachers since 2002 and manages a growing network of 25 Chicago Public Schools serving approximately 15,000 students. AUSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location||Chicago, IL, 60634, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Education, Other, Youth Services|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||AUSL Chicago Teacher Residency|