Development Manager – Medical Research Non-Profit
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, the Molecular Medicine Research Institute (MMRI) is a 501(c)(3) independent nonprofit research organization fostering new technologies to treat patients. Our goal is to provide new treatments for diseases for which no effective therapies exist.
We are launching our first capital campaign to enhance our ability to support groundbreaking medical advances and are looking for a creative, energetic individual to help make it a success. You will have a major impact on new therapeutic advances. We offer the best of both worlds – a 16 year track record and an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment. www.mmrx.org
Our Team: Dedicated, collaborative, driven to succeed, we support transformative research by creative research scientists and physicians throughout the Bay Area and beyond.
Our Challenge: We need to transform our fundraising and build a regional program, increase and diversify the donor base including gifts from major donors, and obtain corporate and foundation grants.
The Position: The Development Manager will report to the CEO and support the Campaign Director. The Development Manager will be a key partner who helps to develop and implement all fund-raising activities including support of the major giving program, fundraising events, prospect research and cultivation.
MMRI is seeking an individual with the desire, experience and commitment to be a partner who is self-initiating and self-managing, while being collaborative and team-oriented. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in development.
• _Assist in development and implementation of fundraising strategic plan to support an annual budget of $2 - 4 million
• _Develop stewardship programs for major donors
• _Plan and direct all donor and fundraising special events
• _Write and manage grants for potential donors and philanthropic organizations
• _Create and manage annual fund mailings, newsletters and donor communications
• _Manage accurate maintenance of donor and prospect database
• _Direct donor communications and timely recognition of all donors
• _Prepare monthly gift summaries for accountant
• _Manage administrative functions of development
• _Minimum of 4 years development experience with a proven track record of successful initiatives;
• _Self-motivating, energetic individual with high personal standards of confidentiality, integrity, accuracy and attention to detail
• _Ability to manage diverse responsibilities in a small, fast-paced, creative environment.
• _Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to develop and cultivate positive relationships with diverse stakeholders
• _Ability to work independently, stay organized and prioritize effectively
• _Strong strategic and problem-solving skills, with ability to address complex issues creatively and effectively
• _Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• _Enthusiasm, sense of humor, and flexibility
• _Excellent computer skills, including internet research, donor database, and Microsoft Office suite
• _Bachelor’s degree; concentration in relevant field desirable (biology, media, communications, marketing)
• _Experience in the medical research community
• _Experience with Raiser’s Edge
• _Experience using social networking tools to reach potential supporters
• _Experience in a small start-up environment
This exempt position is full-time with occasional evenings during peak periods.
Do not apply if do not meet requirements. Please send cover letter and resume to HR@mmrx.org.