Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA), America’s #1 conservation service organization seeks a Western Major Gifts Officer in our Advancement Department based out of our Seattle, WA or Oakland, CA Office.
Position Summary: Major Gifts Officer for SCA’s Western Region is responsible for implementing SCA’s major donor program for the western region to support national, regional and urban programs. In this capacity, the DMG will manage a portfolio of primarily individual major donors and prospects as well as a lesser number of foundations and corporations. Specific responsibilities will include prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship for the annual fund as well as upcoming national capital campaign. The DMG will work closely with SCA’s Western Regional Director, Regional Staff, National Advancement Staff, and leadership volunteers.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of job related experience or advanced degree with 2 or more years relevant experience or 7 to 10 years of experience in a job-related field, particularly foundation and corporate relations
• Successful track record in major gift solicitation
• Successful track record in corporate sponsorship and giving
• Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
• Knowledge of or ability to learn Raisers Edge Software and Microsoft Word
• Experience in a non-profit environment
• Ability to work in a team environment with national and regional staff
• Strong MSOffice skills required particularly Word, Outlook and Excel
• Willingness to travel nationally
• Valid driver’s license and MVR that meets SCA standards required
• Ability to meet SCA’s criminal background check standards
Health and Dental - Basic Life Insurance - Short Term Disability - Long Term Disability - Flexible Spending Account - 403(b) Savings Plan - Generous Paid Time Off - Community Service Leave - Casual Dress
Please visit www.thesca.org/employment for a detailed description including information on how to apply
SCA is an EOE dedicated to workforce diversity.
For more information about SCA, visit us at www.theSCA.org