TITLE: Director of Resource Development
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
STATUS: Regular, full-time (32 hours/week). Exempt
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
Rockwood Leadership Institute is a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization that provides individuals, organizations and networks in the social benefit sector with powerful and effective training in leadership, collaboration and network-building. Each year Rockwood delivers its programs to more than 350 national leaders working in important policy reform sectors that help improve the well-being of our communities and world.
The Director of Resource Development will drive all fundraising efforts of the Rockwood Leadership Institute, in close collaboration with the President and the Senior Management Team. Core responsibilities include working with the President in setting the organization’s strategic direction; directing resource development and fundraising efforts, and identifying and cultivating new sources of income for the organization which include foundations, individuals, organizations and businesses.
Core responsibilities include:
Resource Development will include:
• Leading the Resource Development department in all fundraising efforts, including setting funding strategies with the President and securing approximately $2 million annually
• Preparing Resource Development budget plans and assisting in preparing the organization’s annual budget
• Identifying and securing new sources of investment and income
• Managing staff responsible for donor outreach, cultivation and tracking
• Providing organizational leadership as a member of Rockwood’s Senior Management Team
• Serving as a liaison between Rockwood and key foundation and donor representatives
• Serving as the primary liaison and staff support to the Board in fundraising activities
Direct and Supervision of Key Personnel, including:
• Development Manager
• Special Projects Coordinator
Writing and Communications, including:
• Proposals, Reports and donor correspondence
• Contributing to other Rockwood communications including the Blog, website, collateral, etc.
• 8-10 years experience in a nonprofit or business development position, or as a foundation program officer Demonstrated ability as a nonprofit senior manager or executive
• Ability to lead and motivate the organization and partner with the President in pursuing funding resources
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Strong team building and conflict resolution skills
• An understanding of progressive nonprofits with a racial justice lens
• Mentoring and coaching skills
• Proficiency with Outlook, Microsoft Word and databases (Salesforce preferred)
• Self-starter and Team Player
Self motivated and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Excellent interpersonal skills
Salary commensurate with experience
Benefits include health, dental, vision, and 401K plan
Four-day (32-hour) work week
Please email your cover letter, and attach your resume and example of relevant written communication to Adrienne Torf, Managing Director & COO at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is January 4, 2013. Please put “RLI DRD” in the subject line of the email.
The Rockwood Leadership Institute is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender communities, to apply. We do not discriminate in employment against persons based on age, color, race, religion, ability, gender, gender identity, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, marital status, or medical condition (cancer-related) or the conditions Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS Related Conditions (ARC).