SAGE is a San Francisco survivor run human rights organization. SAGE has a trauma recovery center with multiple forms of direct services for domestic and international survivors of commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. SAGE serves both adult and youth clients, and although predominately female, SAGE also serves transgender identified and male clients. Our approach is restorative, holistic and collaborative. With partners from all over the US and around the world, SAGE works to end human trafficking through advocacy and education. From its beginning, almost 20 years ago, the SAGE Project has developed a variety of services and programs to meet the needs of adults, children and youth who have experienced trauma as a result of trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation; while at the same time promoting policy change and best practices for other municipalities and communities.
TITLE: Youth Services Case Manager
POSITION STATUS: Part-time, non-exempt, 20 hours per week with benefits
The Youth Services Case Manager provides comprehensive case management services to domestic minor victims of all types of human trafficking. The Youth Services Case Manager works with boys, girls, sex and labor trafficked victims who are residing in or trafficked into San Francisco.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implements a thorough assessment with the client, including completing a goal-oriented care plan.
2. Provides case management services, based on the assessment, to up to 12 clients at one time.
3. Facilitates groups for youth clients, including during evening hours.
4. Collects, organizes, enters and submits data into funder and evaluator databases on a monthly basis.
5. Assists in the development of an outreach strategy to reach domestic minor victims of human trafficking.
6. Facilitates outreach trainings as requested, (up to 4 per month).
7. Responds to outside requests for trainings and presentations (up to 2 per month).
1. Proven experience in providing case management services to youth.
2. Knowledge and experience in the field of human trafficking.
3. Certification as a domestic violence victim advocate preferred. Certification must be received within six months.
4. Knowledge of San Francisco resources for victims of trafficking, violence, and girls re-entering the community from criminal justice settings and/or substance abuse treatment programs required.
5. Fluent in Spanish, both speaking and writing, preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in social work or equivalent work experience. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be substituted for the required degree. Three years of progressively responsible experience in program or case management services with diverse populations.
This is a part-time, 20 hour per week, non-exempt position with benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (415) 554-1914. No phone calls please. More information about SAGE can be found at www.sagesf.org
SAGE Project, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.