Aim High Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations
About Aim High:
Over the last 26 years, Aim High has changed the lives of over 8000 low-income youth. By reaching youth during the critical transition from childhood to adulthood, Aim High instills a deep love of learning through an engaging, personalized and supportive summer school program. Aim High is the largest academic summer program provider in the Bay Area, operating campuses in San Francisco, Oakland, on the Peninsula, Marin County and Tahoe Truckee. The organization has grown from one site, serving 50 students in 1986, to fourteen sites serving 1,350 students in 2012. The foundation of Aim High is an intensive, engaging and challenging five-week summer school program for middle school students from low-income families. Students join after 5th or 6th grade, and participate for three or four consecutive summers. For more information on Aim High visit www.aimhigh.org.
The mission of Aim High is to inspire a life-long love of learning and instill a sense of community, opportunity, and respect so that students are prepared for success in school and life.
The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations will work as part of a three-person development team, reporting directly to the Director of Development and working closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors. This position will be the internal expert at Aim High on corporate, foundation and public funders, and will be responsible for managing Aim High’s institutional funders, and managing the corporate sponsorship program. The Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations is responsible for managing and implementing an engagement strategy that increases fundraising for Aim High programs. The primary responsibilities will be to write and edit all foundation and corporate grant proposals and includes identifying prospective funders. Other responsibilities include collaborating with the development team on writing and editing marketing materials and overall development strategy. This position will be responsible for monitoring trends and new developments in grant making protocols This is an excellent opportunity for a strong multi-tasker with substantive writing, editing, data analysis and evaluation skills.
Specific Job Duties
• Manage grant proposal and report calendar. Maintain current pipeline to reflect all grant activity in database.
• Track current grant cycles and renewal processes and ensure stewardship to maximize the opportunity for continued funding.
• Identify potential new funding resources.
• Write, edit and deliver proposals to all current and prospective foundations and corporations and public funders. Engage grants consultant as needed.
• Oversee narrative and financial reporting to foundation and corporate donors by tracking reporting needs, deadlines, and action items. Work with program staff to ensure that data tools allow for efficient reporting to external stakeholders.
• Work with the COO to create project budgets and financial reporting templates.
• Lead efforts on data analysis and ensure consistency between grant commitments and annual progress on agency outcomes/performance indicators through active partnership with Director of Academics and Evaluation.
• Lead the corporate sponsorship program for Aim High’s annual gala. Work to identify new prospects. Responsible for follow up and for ensuring proper recognition.
• Explore and implement creative opportunities to engage corporate sponsors.
• Serve as a member of development team, providing input on and insight about key development strategies and events.
• Attend and support Aim High development events including Development Committee meetings, Annual Gala, & Luncheon, Visiting Days, and Celebration Nights.
• Advocate for and represent Aim High in funder meetings, and other relevant community-related coalitions and collaborative efforts as necessary.
• 5-7 years of relevant experience, including proposal writing and direct fundraising
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with budgeting and budget development
• Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong interest in and commitment to the mission of Aim High
• Willingness to work outside of office hours (some evenings and weekends)
• Bachelor’s degree
• Advanced computer skills with Microsoft Office and the Mac environment; proficiency in Filemaker Pro a plus
• Expertise in the field of summer learning and middle school education a plus
• Understanding of funding landscape and relationships with local funders a plus
• Quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills a plus
• Reports to Director of Development
• Job Location: San Francisco, CA 94110
• Classification: Exempt
• Hours/Week: 40 Hours and some evenings and weekends.
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Benefits include medical, dental, retirement, paid sick leave and generous vacation time
Aim High is an equal opportunity employer. Aim High seeks diversity in its community and affords equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, citizenship status, medical condition, or any other legally protected status.
To apply, email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries, please.