The Controller will ensure that all the duties assigned to the accounting department are completed efficiently and accurately and will report to the Deputy Director – Finance. These duties include the month-end close process and financial statement preparation for both internal users and external users (i.e. the Board), cash forecasting, and preparation of weekly cash reporting and transfer requests. The Controller will also supervise a minimum of two staff.
The Controller is responsible for the accounting activities for Philabundance and all related organizational entities. Duties will include individual and consolidated reporting. This position is responsible for the integrity of all accounting software employed in the organization, including its maintenance and training of staff in its use.
The Controller will be an integral member of the team responsible for the preparation of the annual operating and capital budgets and reforecasting during the fiscal year. The Controller will also work closely with the Deputy Director – Finance as key member of the audit preparation team for the annual financial audit as well as the 403b plan and workers compensation insurance plan audits.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5-7 years as an accountant with demonstrated experience with accounting, budgeting and reporting and supervisory responsibility.
• Supervisory experience within an accounting department.
• Experience working in a hand-on role in a small accounting department.
• Strong background in establishing systems and procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication and leadership skills.
• The desire, and ability, to effectively handle multiple assignments simultaneously is a necessity.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent Excel skills a must. Familiarity with multiple accounting softwares a plus.
• Public accounting, non-profit and retail experience a major plus.
• CPA preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org