The Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County, a human service non-profit that offers fellowship and assistance to the needy and suffering has been part of the REDF portfolio and is the Oakland Chamber of Commerce 2009 Community Services Organization of the year award winner, is looking for an addition to our Social Enterprise team.
We are currently searching for a Retail Merchandise Manager that will be responsible for assortment planning, sourcing, inventory management, marketing, sales and net revenue functions of the Social Enterprise department that has various retail locations within Alameda County. This position will work with managers of the retail stores, warehouse, recycling reporting to the Director of Social Enterprise.
1. Minimum 5 years buying office experience as Assistant Buyer or Buyer for a major department or chain store
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
3. Ability to budget and analyze retail sales, inventory turnover, gross margin, budget and control expenses, develop and maintain vendor structure including donations.
4. Ability to work in diverse environments and with diverse groups of people.
5. Ability to effectively merchandise inventory in multiple locations.
6. Must possess and maintain a valid CA Driver License.
7. Must have and maintain a good driving record.
8. Proficient in MS Office suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
1. Associate’s degree, some college experience or equivalent work experience.
2. Previous major department or chain store experience including merchandising, distribution/inventory, pricing, floor plans, and working with a point-of-sale system.
3. Previous supervisory and/or management experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Sources new merchandise for retail stores to supplement donations.
2. Develop and achieve sales goals for each store and warehouse
3. Manage inventory of new merchandise and donations to maximize turnover and net revenue.
4. Enforces SVdP policies and procedures for all retail staff.
5. Implements and enforces cash handling practices in all retail area.
6. Assists in providing creative retail sales programs to meet budget projections.
7. Compiles all retail sales and expense data for use of DSE.
8. Analyzes financial reports with store managers increase margins and control expenses
9. Maintains safety, order and cleanliness in all retail service areas.
10. Implements, compiles and assists DSE in analyzing all retail sales and expense data.
11. Insures all data on sales, vendor records and inventory reconciliation are completed monthly.
12. Keeps an open line of communication with store and warehouse managers and Director of Social Enterprise through meetings and written information.
13. Coordinates a seasonal inventory level and turn strategy to maximize gross margin.
14. Optimized inventory levels by location to ensure proper sell-through and customer satisfaction
15. Assists in the design and implementation of marketing programs for stores and warehouse.
16. Assists in the design and implementation of merchandise presentations and floor plans
17. All other duties as assigned.
This position is for a full time work assignment at an annual range of $40,000-$46,000 DOE which includes medical, dental, vision, AND 403(b) benefits. For more information about the Society of St. Vincent de Paul of Alameda County, see our website at http://www.svdp-alameda.org. To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume as attachments with “Retail Merchandise Manager” in the subject line to email@example.com.