This job is no longer available
Make-A-Wish Foundation of Georgia | Atlanta GA 30339 USA | Full Time | Posted: 01/04/2013
Make-A-Wish® Georgia seeks a full-time Volunteer Manager. The candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Volunteer Program.
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2-5 years of volunteer management experience
• Supervisory skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience in developing and executing trainings
• Should be organized, detail-oriented, have a willingness to take initiative and excellent project management skills
• Candidate must possess the ability to work independently as well as with a team, and able to work under pressure
• Basic knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Fluent in Spanish is a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Recruitment and retention
• Orientation and Training
• Internship program
• Grant and funding acquisition and management
• Day-to-day budget management
• Develop and manage effective training tools
• Manage Volunteer Program Data management tools
• Conflict resolution and periodic assessments
• Serve on and assist various volunteer committees
DAILY MANAGEMENT OF THE VOLUNTEER PROGRAM:
• Coordinate with all chapter staff to meet their volunteer needs
• Ensure that all volunteer files are in accordance with policies and guidelines.
• Ensure that all areas of the volunteer process (calls requesting volunteer information, conducting volunteer orientations and interviews, obtain/process volunteer background checks, organize and maintain volunteer files) are completed in a timely manner and ensure the confidentiality of information obtained.
• Departmental risk management.
• Recruit and provide support training to new volunteers.
• Review and up-date materials on a monthly basis for relevancy.
• Recruit and Manage Internship, Community Service, Corporate and Office Volunteer Programs
• Work with all areas of the agency i.e.: wish, public relations, fundraising, office, administrative, etc… to provide volunteer support for all events and programs.
• Identify areas where volunteer participation can be maximized in accordance with chapter’s Strategic Plan.
• Coordinate support activities for the volunteer program and other special events where wish children and/or volunteers are invited to attend.
• Seek and apply for local and regional recognition opportunities for volunteers. Provide individual recognition of volunteers on an on-going basis.
• Represent the chapter at special events and public speaking engagements as requested.
ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below. Please note that resumes sent without cover letters will not be considered. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
or mail to:
1775 The Exchange SE
Suite 200, Atlanta, GA 30339
By fax: 770-916-0222
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30339, United States|
|Categories||Children's Services, Youth Services|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Volunteer Manager|