Concern Worldwide is an international humanitarian organization committed to the relief, assistance and advancement of the poorest people in the least developed countries of the world. Founded in Ireland in 1968, Concern has 3200 personnel working in 25 countries across the globe.
Concern believes in a world where no one lives in fear; where all have access to a decent standard of living, and the opportunities essential to a long, healthy and creative life. Our mission is to help people living in absolute poverty achieve major improvements in their lives, improvements that are sustainable without ongoing support from Concern.
Concern Worldwide U.S. is an independent affiliate of Concern Worldwide and supports the Concern network by recruiting staff, supporting program development, creating public awareness of humanitarian issues and financially supporting programs. (www.concernusa.org )
Concern Worldwide US wishes to recruit a Fundraising Manager to play a key role in working with a dynamic fundraising team to roll out a three year fundraising strategy, collaborating with all fundraising personnel to identify, build and sustain relationships with current, new and potential grant-giving organizations and individuals.
Based in New York and reporting to the Development Director, the Fundraising Manager will be responsible for the following:
1. Special Events
• Work closely with key members of the Board of Directors and the Special Events Officers to expand and develop strategies (online and off line) to further diversify Concern’s base of special event supporters
• Provide support to events team with particular focus on writing and editing copy for all event materials, developing web based strategies for each event and monitoring progress of each event
• Develop post event strategies for on-going development and engagement of relationship with key supporters
2. Direct Marketing
• Provide direction to and work closely with the Direct Marketing Officer in the management of donor campaigns, appeals, and analysis of data
• Identify new ways to increase income through Direct Marketing
• Identify new strategies and tools to further develop our relationships with donors.
3. New Sources of Income
• In collaboration with the Digital Marketing Officer, develop and maintain an online fundraising strategy that will grow the income base
• Build and manage a portfolio of relationships with prospective donors, including individuals and corporations
• Edit and prepare reports and presentations to donors on request
4. Management, Administration and Oversight
• Work closely with the Donor Care Assistant to ensure strong donor support systems are in place
• Perform general management duties for the fundraising team including the development of annual plans, budgets, reports and evaluations and the production of monthly reports for the Management team
• Liaise with other divisions within Concern US and external contractors and consultants (including designers, printers) to ensure all fundraising activities are executed to the highest possible standards
5. Special Projects
• Support and manage special projects as requested by the Development Director and Executive Director
• Interested candidates must have a minimum of 5 years fundraising, marketing and corporate relations experience.
• A degree in Business Administration preferred
• Demonstrated success in securing major gifts and experience in corporate relations
• Strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising or marketing
• Must have experience initiating and implementing project ideas
• Proven track record in developing and implementing strategies for growth
• Experience in problem solving, decision making is key
• Flexible approach to working outside of normal office hours, particularly when called upon to support special fundraising projects.
• Event planning experience
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Strong writing skills
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with database software. Familiarity with Quark, Adobe Creative Suite and HTML preferred.
• Previous experience in raising funds for an international agency is desirable.
• Must have a “hands-on” work style and enjoy working in a fast-paced office environment where collaboration with multiple teams is essential
Interested candidates must submit the following two documents to email@example.com.
• Cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, current salary, salary expectations and through which site you applied for the position.
Please remember to reference your email application with subject title:
Open Until Filled
While we do appreciate for your interest in the organization, due to the volume of applications received, only candidates who are short-listed for the first round interview will be notified.
No phone calls please. Concern Worldwide US is an Equal Opportunity Employer.