Vice President, Educational Innovations
The Philadelphia Education Fund (Ed Fund) is a 28-year-old non-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of education in Philadelphia and the region so that youth are prepared to succeed in college and careers (see www.philaedfund.org). The organization advances educational practice by:
• Developing, growing, and supporting teachers and leaders;
• Supporting schools and students directly to ensure that young people complete their secondary education and realize post-secondary success; and,
• Advancing critical dialogue and education agenda across the city, convening key constituents to promote pivotal work on behalf of children and youth.
As the Ed Fund moves at pace into the new educational era in Philadelphia, we remain true to our roots as an organization that incubates promising practices and systems, demonstrates via implementation and evaluation, and disseminates (best practices, evaluation learnings, technical assistance) to the field.
The Ed Fund seeks a Vice President of Educational Innovations to oversee an important and vibrant body of work, managing and developing:
• The organization’s school completion portfolio, including
- training and technical assistance
- direct service interventions, and
- supporting the further development of products and services related to this line of work;
• The ArtsRising initiative, dedicated to improving access, quality, and utilization of arts education opportunities in four Philadelphia neighborhoods;
• Support systems for principals and educational leaders
• New initiatives that advance the mission of the organization.
The VP of Educational Innovations will oversee a team of professional staff and will report to the Senior Vice President (SVP).
- Manages a professional team of seven.
- Creates a productive, ambitious, respectful, and collegial work environment.
- Provides mentorship, direction, and professional development for team.
- As a member of the Ed Fund’s Leadership Team, provides leadership and strategic support to the organization.
- Responsible for program operations. Ensures strong operational planning and implementation for programs and initiatives.
- Ensures ambitious, clear, measurable goals and objectives.
- Supports synergy, collaboration, and cohesion among initiatives within the department and across the organization.
- Develops and ensures implementation of strategic and tactical adjustments to programmatic initiatives (in collaboration with SVP and team).
- Supports the development of marketable products from the expertise and initiatives in the department.
- Develops and monitors annual budget.
- Ensures staff operates within budget and use resources strategically.
- Collaborates with Development and Communications functions as appropriate to support fundraising, communications, and product development.
• Passionate commitment to excellent public education in Philadelphia.
• Successful tenure in leadership role in an education or non-profit organization.
• Strong operational ability. Skilled at advancing initiatives from idea to successful, sustainable implementation. Proven ability to deliver programmatic outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage individuals and high-performing teams, including developing work plans.
• Strong strategic thinker.
• Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and agility. Entrepreneurial.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience and skill managing budgets.
• Understanding of urban education practice and issues; awareness of advocacy and policy issues impacting education.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred. Five years management experience.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of the Philadelphia Education Fund.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “VP, Ed Innovations” in the subject of your email.