CAREER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
RN CASE MANAGER – AIDS SEFRVICES
Full Time Position
The Health Trust is leading the community to advance wellness in order to transform Silicon Valley into the healthiest region in America. With a strong emphasis on prevention, we will fulfill our mission through four primary tools, delivery of direct services, grant-making, policy and advocacy, and leadership and collaboration.
The Health Trust provides services to Santa Clara County residents with HIV/AIDS and empowers patients and families to solve their day to day needs.
The Health Trust is seeking a Registered Nurse Case Manager for AIDS Services. The position is responsible for providing case management and coordination of care and other services to persons with AIDS or who are HIV positive. The RN works to assure that the person with AIDS or symptomatic HIV disease is receiving the appropriate care at the appropriate times and places in the manner acceptable to the patient and the family.
• Completion of a Baccalaureate program in Nursing accredited by the NLN required.
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
• Public Health Nursing Certificate issued by the State of California preferred, or eligible for certificate.
• Minimum of one year experience in acute care facility.
• Experience in community health or official public health agency preferred.
• Knowledge of HIV disease/AIDS preferred.
• Knowledge of case management preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate with client’s, families, physicians, etc., and fulfill documentation requirements.
• Spanish-speaking preferred.
• Must have recall of clinical knowledge and critical thinking ability to effectively plan and provide client care consistent with standards and regulations and deal with unique problems as they arise.
• Variety of home environments with exposure to dust, temperature and the like.
• May be asked to meet with clients at varied locations, i.e., clients home, office.
• Knowledge of health and social services in Santa Clara County.
• Local travel required.
• Ability to travel by personal automobile, to transverse uneven surfaces, to climb stairs and to maneuver inside client care areas.
• Automobile available for daily use, car insurance as required by the State of California, and a valid California driver’s license.
• Annual Tuberculosis test.
• Employment background screening required.
The Health Trust
Human Resource Department
Resumes to: email@example.com
3180 Newberry Dr., Ste. 200
San Jose, CA 95118
FAX: (408) 448-4055
Benefits: medical, dental, vision, medical and dependent care flexible spending, company paid life/ADD/LTD, retirement plan, paid holidays, paid time off, sick time, access to organizational wellness programs including on site fitness center.
Equal Opportunity Employer