To specify duties and requirements of a Paraprofessional
Each employee/contract agent will receive a description of his/her position within an employment agreement that includes duties, responsibilities, and the minimum requirements for the position.
REPORTS TO: (Specify one, depending on assignment)
NATURE OF WORK: Professional level position responsible for providing Day Treatment training and services to consumers of varying ages, diagnoses, and needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Implement plans of care;
2. Assist consumers with social skills and education skills developmental needs;
3. Assist consumer with personal care and activities of daily living (ADLs);
4. Assist consumer with participation in recreation/leisure activities;
5. Complete necessary documentation;
6. Assist with or perform meal preparation, grocery shopping, and so on;
7. Assist consumer with other personal care tasks as assigned or in accordance with consumer’s needs;
8. Teach behavior management skills;
9. Provide consumer advocacy;
10. Write daily progress reports;
11. Provide “unconditional care,” no eject, and no reject service; and,
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Graduation from High School or GED.
2. Two (2) years experience teaching target population.
3. Certification in CPR, Standard First Aid, and Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI).
4. Valid Georgia driver’s license.