The Tuolumne River Trust is currently seeking a Business Manager/Accountant to run the finance, accounting and administrative operations for our organization - with 3 offices, 10 staff, cutting edge programs and an annual budget of approximately 1m. This person will maintain effective accounting and finance operations, prepare organizational and program budgets, ensure that appropriate policies, procedures, and internal controls are maintained to safeguard our organization with strong financial management. He or she will demonstrate strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, acting both as a strategic thinker and hands on achiever. This position reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Advancement Director, as well as with the Finance and Audit Committees of the Board of Directors. It is a great opportunity to join a dedicated team working to protect the Tuolumne River and its tributaries. Our preferred start date is February 1, 2013.
Financial Management & Reporting
• Full charge of all bookkeeping operations, including A/P, A/R, deposits, account and credit card reconciliations, monthly, quarterly, and annual close of accounting, and financial records.
• Develop and maintain effective financial/accounting policies, processes, and internal controls in compliance with non-profit GAAP standards.
• Develop and maintain effective contract and billing infrastructure for government and fee-for-service contracts.
• Prepare budgets for contracts and grant proposals and financial reports for all such contracts.
• Collaborate with the ED on developing the organization’s annual budget for approval by the board of directors.
• Ensure effective cash flow management including tracking and quarterly release of restricted funds.
• Prepare and analyze financial statements quarterly to provide timely and reliable information regarding the organization’s financial condition and performance to the Executive Director and Finance Committee.
• Coordinate annual external audit, including; preparation of audit worksheets, schedules & materials; acting as a liaison to auditors as well as the audit committee of the Board of Directors and prepare financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
• Manage HR policies and implementation, including: the Trust’s time tracking system, timesheet entry into QuickBooks, PTO tracking, employee benefits management, organizational insurance management and ensure compliance with HR related laws.
• Maintain accurate and complete files relating to the Trust’s finances and personnel files, including records of cash disbursements, cash receipts, invoices, returned checks, and other financial records as required.
• Ensure that agency is in compliance with all administrative and fiscal laws and regulations and has filed all necessary tax and informational returns on a timely basis.
• Office management for an office of five including managing supplies, managing incoming/outgoing mail, filing, copying, vendor relations and office upkeep.
• Two years of increasing responsibility in financial management and accounting, preferably in a Non-profit and multi-site setting.
• Proficiency with QuickBooks and Excel required; BlackbaudeTapestry helpful.
• Highly organized, detail oriented and the ability to translate financial concepts to individuals at all levels.
• Good analytic skills including creative approaches to problem solving.
• Ability to work independently and to work effectively as part of team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to Tuolumne River Trust’s mission and values.
• Impeccable integrity.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Salary in the $50s and commensurate with experience; generous benefits package.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.