UC Berkeley - Main Campus
The College of Engineering at UC Berkeley is recognized for its educational and research excellence, consistently ranked among the top three Engineering colleges in the United States. With more than 200 faculty and 4,500 undergraduate and graduate students, Engineering is the second largest college on the Berkeley campus. The College is composed of seven top academic departments and numerous innovative research centers spanning the fields of nanotechnology, computer science, energy, new health care technologies, the environment, and much more. The Office of College Relations supports the College of Engineering’s core priorities through an integrated marketing and fundraising program designed to reach over 60,000 alumni, friends, students, foundations, and corporate partners. During the most recent fiscal year, 2011-12, the College raised nearly $50 million through private gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations
The Development Associate supports and works in the area of major gift fundraising in the College Relations Office. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of College Relations and working closely with a team of the College’s major gift officers, he/she:
- Researches and synthesizes information on major gift prospects.
- Writes briefing reports, and drafts correspondence.
- Assists with developing fundraising proposals.
- Prepares strategic progress reports to funding entities.
- Coordinates site-visits involving high-level executives and complex objectives.
- Arranges for senior-level board meetings, dinners, and round-tables.
- Plans and directs complex events and programs including luncheons, receptions, symposia, and donor recognition events.
- Arranges for catering, set-up, equipment, transportation, and other logistics.
- During peak periods of gift activity, personally and directly solicits gifts.
- Arranges meetings with donors on behalf of the College’s Dean, Assistant Dean, and other College leaders for the purpose of soliciting financial support.
- Performs office duties, supervises student workers, and assists major gift officers with administrative needs.
- Carries out special projects and duties as defined by the Assistant Dean.
- Fundraising, marketing, sales, or client-relationship experience in a similar environment organizing and tracking competing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and synthesize data from online sources, database systems, print materials, etc., and to effectively produce accurate, compelling written reports.
- Highly developed writing and proofreading skills, including drafting correspondence, briefing memoranda, and proposals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in organizing events.
- Demonstrated expert computer skills in such areas as Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Raiser’s Edge, etc.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education
Salary: For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
First Review: December 22, 2012
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying through jobs.berkeley.edu click on ‘Job Listings’ followed by ‘External Applicants’, and then search for job number 14989.
Additional Information: This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
The University of California, Berkeley is one of the world's leading universities in research, teaching, and public service. The campus employs 2,028 faculty and over 14,000 staff in more than 130 academic departments and interdepartmental groups, libraries, museums and more than 65 interdisciplinary research units contribute to this dynamic and vital research and teaching environment.
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a diverse working environment, competitive salaries, and comprehensive benefits.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency