California College of the Arts
FINANCIAL AID ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
SAN FRANCISCO CAMPUS
FULL-TIME (37.5 Hours/Week), NON-EXEMPT
JOB # 2140
Founded in 1907, California College of the Arts (CCA) is an independent art college with undergraduate programs in architecture, design, fine arts, visual studies, and writing. The college also has graduate programs in architecture, curatorial practice, design, design strategy, fine arts, visual and critical studies and writing. Through these programs, the college has created a dynamic and interdisciplinary environment. Diverse cultural perspectives enrich the CCA community and the college believes that continuing to expand the horizons of the students and faculty is essential to achieving its educational objectives. With campuses in Oakland and San Francisco, CCA currently enrolls 1,950 full-time students.
Under general direction of the Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Financial Aid Administrative Assistant provides administrative, technical, and advising support for the financial aid staff. The Administrative Assistant will also function as one of three frontline receptionists in an Enrollment Services Center (includes Student Records, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid). Position is located on the San Francisco campus.
REPORTS TO: Associate Director of Financial Aid
DEPARTMENT: Financial Aid
• Handle routine financial aid inquiries, drop-in advising questions, status inquiries and follow-ups by phone, email and in person.
• Sets up and maintains financial aid student and program files, prepares and routes student files for awarding.
• Perform word processing and data entry, and generates basic financial aid reports.
• Print, proofread, and mail financial aid award letters, reminder letters, follow-up letters, verification letters, etc.
• Responsible for document tracking and analysis of income documentation.
• Prepare financial aid paperwork including: follow-up letters and Exit Interview packets.
• Handle private scholarship checks: Fills out appropriate forms and routes to Student Accounts; responsible for contacting students.
• Coordinate private scholarship information and advertises information to students.
• Order and maintains supply of financial aid applications, brochures and forms.
• Perform routine adjustments of financial aid disbursements.
• Frontline receptionist for Enrollment Services Center providing general information and forms pertaining to Student Records and Student Accounts.
• Other duties as assigned.
Associate of Arts degree or equivalent required. Must be an eager learner, extremely detail-oriented, accurate, organized, able to work exceptionally well under deadline pressure and with time sensitive projects, and be able to manage multiple priorities. Must be able to work and follow-up independently. Must have proven track record working in a team and customer service environment. Experience in a college Financial Aid Office and/or administrative office a plus. Strong customer service orientation and good interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent organizational skills; strict attention to detail and accuracy required. Ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, staff, and faculty.
SALARY: Applicants are requested to state salary history and requirements; position includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of interest, resume and contact information for three professional references to:
California College of the Arts
Human Resources (Job #2140)
Oakland, CA 94618-1487
Fax (510) 594-3681
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. NOTE: If you wish to be notified of the status of your application for this position, please provide a current email address on your resume or cover letter.
California College of the Arts is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency