Administrative Assistant for Charter School
Envision Schools | San Francisco CA 94112 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/17/2012
Administrative Assistant – City Arts and Technology High School, SF
Envision Education is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant with excellent word processing and database skills who truly enjoys working with teenagers and values education. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with and maintaining accurate attendance and student records, managing the reception and front office, coordinating and serving lunch, coordinating meetings and events, and providing administrative support to the Vice Principal of Operations and the Principal.
• Answer phones in a friendly, professional and informative manner
• Maintain attendance, student and general office files and assist with faxing and copying
• Manage technology-based discipline system
• Update daily attendance in Power School and print daily attendance reports
• Check-in late students and make daily attendance calls
• Order supplies as needed
• Coordinate food service deliveries
• Help to manage janitorial services as needed
• Respond to transcript and file requests from other schools
• Update and maintain school website
• Provide Spanish translation for parent meetings
• Other duties as assigned by Administrative staff
• A minimum of three years of experience as an administrative assistant or office manager is required.
• Must like and feel comfortable working with teenagers
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, accuracy, discretion, ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility and a willingness to learn are essential
• Must have proven attention to detail and time-management skills. Must be organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency is required
• Solid computer skills - proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and google docs- are required.
• High school diploma required; some college preferred.
Compensation and working conditions:
Hourly rate depending on experience. Competitive benefits provided including health, sick, vacation, 403(b) retirement plan option, Flexible Spending Account plan option, and long/short term and life insurance.
Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM (Students’ day: 8:30 am to 3:45pm). Hours are subject to change, with some evening events required.
School Year: This position is a full time, hourly position, with some flexibility during summer holiday.
Please apply via www.envisionschools.org/apply. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Envision Education will invite select candidates for interviews. Interviews will continue until the position is filled. Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of employment verification. Envision Schools Application, Livescan fingerprinting, evidence of ability to work in the US, and TB reports are required upon hiring.
For More Information:
Visit the Envision Education website: www.envisionschools.org
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94112, United States|
|Experience Years||3 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Joelle Barrios|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|