Scion Nonprofit Staffing | San Francisco CA 94111 USA | Full Time | Posted: 11/15/2013
Scion Executive Search (www.scionexecutivesearch.com) has been retained to conduct the search for a new University Controller for San Francisco State University. This position is for immediate hire and works fulltime onsite at the main SFSU campus located at 1600 Holloway Avenue, San Francisco, CA.
The University Controller reports to the Associate Vice President for Fiscal Affairs and is an active part of the management team of the Fiscal Affairs department, overseeing the daily accounting and financial reporting operations of the Accounting units, Trust & Special Projects, Governmental Accounting, and Financial Reporting units. This position will provide training and guidance to the division’s accounting staff as well as the University community.
- Oversee the accuracy of all University Financial Records.
- Manage a staff of 3 managers, 16+ accountants and several student assistants.
- Implement and monitor processes to assess all financial transactions to ensure compliance with CSU, University and campus policies and procedures/regulations.
- Ensure adherence to the terms and conditions by external funding sources, and with GAAP.
- Manage University state fund, Trust, Grants and Contracts in accordance with CSU Trustee policy and state rules.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting, external audits and financial audits.
- Respond to financial audits while working with internal and external auditors.
- Oversee completion and implementation of audit recommendations in collaboration with the Associate Vice President for Fiscal Affairs and the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
- Provide leadership to the Accounting units, Trust & Special Projects, Grants and Contracts, Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting, including establishing policies and objectives for the Units.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and administering policies and procedures for all funds including State general funds, special funds, capital outlay funds, enterprise funds, trust and grants & contract.
- Responsible for analyzing financial activity in accordance with State, CSU and campus fiscal policy and procedures, implementing corrective action as needed.
- Develop and implement services for new programs.
- Design and implement business processes, systems of internal controls and management reporting structures to facilitate decentralized management and control of funds at the department and division levels.
- Provide direction in the development, implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures relative to various funding sources to ensure compliance with all Federal and State audit regulations.
- Represent the campus in various California State University Systemwide committees.
- Perform other special projects as needed.
At minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, or a degree in related field with CPA license and Big 4 accounting firm experience; and 8 years of relevant managerial experience within Accounting/Financial Reporting department, preferably within a University, college or other nonprofit organization. Must have experience supervising staff with varying degrees of technical capabilities, excellent analytical and communication skills, the ability to work with individuals at all levels and expert knowledge of MS Excel. Experience with PeopleSoft Finance system or other large ERP systems is also required.
SALARY & BENEFITS
This position offers a wonderful working environment and a competitive starting base salary of $100,000 to $130,000 (depending on experience,) plus a very competitive benefits package including vacation/time off, health care, dental, vision, flexible benefits, income protection, AD&D, CalPERS retirement, retirement options, the CSU Fee Waiver Program, Credit Union benefits, et al.
This position is an Administrator III in the California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP), reporting to the Associate Vice President for Fiscal Affairs.
Due to the nature of this position, the CSU Chancellor's Office requires that the successful candidate complete a criminal background check prior to assuming this position.
MANDATED REPORTER UNDER CANRA
This position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
SFSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
The Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act Employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Scion Executive Search via email to email@example.com.
ABOUT SAN FRANCISCO STATE UNIVERSITY
SF State is an urban university granting Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees and serving a diverse student body of approximately 30,000 students and 4,000 faculty and staff employees. SF State is one of the largest campuses in the California State University (CSU) -- the largest system of higher education composed of 23 member campuses.
ABOUT OUR SEARCH FIRM
Scion Executive Search is a retained executive search firm connecting executive nonprofit leadership to nonprofit organizations and foundations across the country. Cultivated in the nonprofit sector, we provide expert search strategies and leadership for your organization. Our executive candidates are true agents for change, and we are experts at matching their talents, motivations, and passions to your organization’s mission. Scion Executive Search has led hundreds of successful executive searches. Information about our firm and successes can be found online at www.nonprofitexecutivesearchfirm.com.
|Location||San Francisco, CA, 94111, United States|
|Annual Salary||$100,000.00 - $130,000.00/Yearly|
|Travel Required||1% of the time|
|Categories||Accounting - Finance|
|Experience Years||8 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Contact Name||Braden Busch|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|