Salem Lutheran Home Fund Development Director
Salem Lutheran Home is a non-profit, faith-based organization committed to serving and enriching the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of older adults. We have been providing ecumenical, faith-based services for over 85 years. Today our five-acre village-like campus is home to close to 200 residents. Our programs include residential living cottages and apartments, assisted living services, memory care, and skilled nursing. We are currently seeking an experienced professional for the position of Fund Development Director.
Salem Lutheran Home is part of Elder Care Alliance (ECA), a network of Senior Living Communities located in the San Francisco Bay Area and southern California. Elder Care Alliance, an emerging organization experiencing significant growth, serves seniors through person-directed care and state of the art industry innovations.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fund Development Director will be responsible for the strategic development and hands-on implementation of a robust, diversified fund development program.
• Design and strategy: work with the executive leadership to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets and approaches.
• Execute the annual fundraising plan: conduct research, prospecting, and application to multiple donor sources.
• Individual donors: generate individual gifts and create, manage, and grow a portfolio of individual gift donors and prospects.
• Major gifts: steward and cultivate donors to obtain major gifts, including any capital campaign that may be developed.
• Fundraising events: plan and produce events to raise funds and cultivate supporters.
• Communicate: communicate fundraising goals and progress to all relevant stakeholders.
The successful candidate will excel in these ways:
• Development/Fundraising: proven success in development and fundraising. Track record of reaching goals through fundraising through multiple donor channels.
• Project Leadership: experience in planning, leading and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes and reporting to executive leadership.
• Communications: skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
• Relationship Building: skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization and externally.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• A minimum of three years of development experience.
• Track record of successfully obtaining gifts over $5,000 and meeting assigned fundraising goals.
• Knowledge of elder care issues and faith-based social ministries preferred. Dedication to the mission of Salem Lutheran Home essential.
We are proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefit package. EOE.
Please send your letter of interest and resume in PDF or Word to: email@example.com