This job is no longer available
PATH (People Assisting the Homeless) | Los Angeles CA 90004 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/18/2012
Classification: Full Time
Reports To: Associate Director
Compensation: $30,000 -$40,000 per year, DOE
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
The Housing Locator assists homeless veterans, homeless individuals and families in identifying and transitioning into a full range of permanent housing opportunities, including subsidized housing such as Section 8, Shelter Plus Care, and VASH. The Housing Locator will work with the navigators to support the housing needs of participants in the PATH programs.
• Coordinate individualized housing needs assessment for all referred clients and work with clients to develop individualized housing plans and address barriers.
• Monitor and evaluate each client’s progression through their housing search plan, and develop corrective action revisions to the plan as needed
• Create and maintain lists of available housing options for clients
• Assist clients with housing applications, complete supportive and subsidized housing paperwork, surveys rental market for affordable housing, and advocate for clients with prospective landlords
• Gain knowledge of the rules and regulations of the federal housing programs used by PATH.
• Maintain client related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries
• Prepare case-related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and PATH guidelines
Outreach and Relationship Management
• Outreach to realtors, landlords, housing developers and other housing providers to identify new and existing housing opportunities and build a strong inventory of available housing options for clients
• Network with other agencies, coalitions, and local community meetings
• Actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
• Two- four years comparable experience in housing location.
• Previous experience with social services and/or homeless programs
• Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment.
• Demonstrates ability to use computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office software particularly Excel.
• A highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to develop creative solutions.
• Project a professional demeanor
• Strong written and communication skill
• Ability to work both individually and as part of a team in a fast paced, professional environment.
• Must maintain and execute confidential information.
• Advanced degree in social work, counseling or human services is a plus.
• Ability to interact with diverse clientele.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Employment Eligibility Verification.
• Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and auto insurance.
• Current tuberculosis test.
• Successful completion of background screening.
• CPR/First Aid Certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
In the course of performing the job, this position typically spends time sitting, standing, climbing stairs, walking, driving, carrying (20lbs), lifting (20lbs). Operating a computer keyboard, firm/strong grasping, and repetitive hand control. Makes and receives telephone calls. Subjected to outside environmental conditions.
PATH is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Location||Los Angeles, CA, 90004, United States|
|Categories||Human Services, Housing/Shelter|
|Function||Housing & Food Service|
|Experience Years||2 yrs|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Housing Locator|