This job is no longer available
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta Inc. | Atlanta GA 30309 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/19/2012
The Grants Manager will report directly to the Chief Development Officer and will serve as the subject matter expert on grant proposals and reports. The incumbent will research and follow-up on funding opportunities. The incumbent must be able to work autonomously. The incumbent must also be conscientious about deadlines, accuracy and professional presentation in the generation of grant proposals and letters of inquiry to foundation, corporate and government funding sources in support of all Agency programs.
• Serves as project manager for all agency grant submissions and is responsible for preparing, submitting and the managing of grant proposals.
• Research and qualify new grant prospects through written and telephone correspondence, internet research and grant maker events.
• Read and interpret requests for proposals and funding guidelines
• Maintain electronic and hard copy files on all prospective corporate donors, foundations and government grant makers. Files will include current donor information, giving history and current contact information and other pertinent communication. Input prospective data into Donor Management System-Raiser’s Edge.
• Input prospective data into Donor Management System-Raiser’s Edge.
• Develop outlines, timelines, staffing, budgets and boilerplate templates.
• Write winning proposals and prepare reports on grants received.
• Manage a calendar of grant deadlines and reports; track the solicitation and progress of grants; assume responsibility for grant accountability.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the Agency's discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in English, Journalism, Public Affairs, Communications, English, Public Administration or a related field preferred.
Superior written and oral communications skills required. Outstanding customer service skills and interpersonal skills required; must be able to demonstrate initiative and creative problem solving; must be able to successfully multi-task, effectively set priorities and complete projects in a timely and efficient manner; must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is a plus; ability to successfully work independently and as a team member is required.
Minimum five (5) years experience in grant writing and grants management with a demonstrated success rate required. Prior fundraising experience preferably in both public and private sectors required. Prior history of establishing corporate, foundation and government relationships are key and therefore required.
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
• Physical Requirements: This position is primarily a sedentary position and frequently requires the use of standard office equipment (telephone, PC, copier, fax and printer); may occasionally require bending, reaching and lifting up to 10 pounds. Must have reliable transportation and be available to work evenings and weekends.
|Location||Atlanta, GA, 30309, United States|
|Annual Salary||$50,000.00 - $60,000.00/Yearly|
|Categories||Education, Youth Services|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Pref Major||Public Affairs, Communications, English, Journalism, Education or related field|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Grants Manager|