Job Title: Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager
Reports To: Development Director
The primary responsibility of the Corporate & Foundation Relations Manager is to coordinate and implement strategies for identifying, cultivating and successfully soliciting corporations, foundations and government entities with an emphasis on major gifts to support the annual operations of Piedmont Park. This position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the entire Piedmont Park Conservancy staff and board to further its mission, which is to enhance and preserve Piedmont Park as a vital, urban green space and as a cultural and recreational resource that enriches the quality of life for all Atlantans. A successful candidate must also be able to function as an integral part of a team, under the overall direction of the Vice President/Chief Marketing and Development Officer, whose office designs and implements successful fundraising/marketing programs that include annual giving, planned giving, capital giving and major gifts to maximize private/public gift support for Piedmont Park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Performs the following duties personally:
• Manages major gift fundraising initiatives for annual support, which may be funded by foundations, corporations, governments, organizations or individuals
• Identifies sponsorship, foundation and other corporate support opportunities
• Coordinates fundraising activities which may include sponsorship packages, grant proposals, fundraising events, direct mail, on-line appeals and face-to-face solicitations
• Coordinates the development of communication materials directed at donors
• Maintains a thorough working knowledge of programs
• Builds relationships with current and prospective donors
• Maintains updated information on prospective donors
• Coordinates strategies for cultivation, and stewardship of major gifts donors
• Prepares briefing materials for face-2-face solicitations and ensures comprehensive follow-up after donor visits
• Ensures timely submission of proposals/reports
• May develop and make presentations
• Performs related responsibilities as required
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES None
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years fundraising experience including sponsorship solicitations and drafting grant proposals; or sales experience. Grants management experience beneficial. Comfort in implementing a variety of fundraising methods, including but not limited to making sponsorship presentations and sales calls, developing e-marketing and social media campaigns, and coordinating special events.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and Bachelor’s degree required. Masters degree preferred.
• Proficiency in using Raiser’s Edge, Windows, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• High degree of organization and planning, detail orientation and the ability to initiate, implement and maintain effective systems and processes
• The ability to multi-task a must and prior experience supervising staff a plus.
OTHER SKILLS, EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team in an entrepreneurial environment. Must be able to handle a fast-paced environment, be flexible, and relate well to a wide variety of individuals.
Physical demands are limited to those associated with standard office environments.