This job is no longer available
Annual Fund Manager
Montalvo Arts Center | Saratoga CA 95071 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/20/2012
Annual Fund Manager
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Annual Fund Manager is responsible for the overall management of the annual fund program, which is charged with managing relationships and fulfilling a membership goal of $150,000+, and the Director’s Circle goal of $265,000. This individual will manage a personal portfolio of prospects, as well as organize and manage relevant administrative projects and cultivation/solicitation events, including Director’s Circle events and the travel program. The Manager will work closely with the Board of Trustees, committees and staff to promote the acquisition of various gifts. This individual must be able to work independently while also working as a member of Montalvo’s advancement team.
The Annual Fund Manager will be an individual who has had progressive and successful development experience in solicitation and who has a strong track record of successful program and event management. The ideal candidate cares deeply about Montalvo’s mission and has experience working in nonprofit arts organization(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Owns membership goals and Alumni Board campaign.
• Works with Director of Development to launch revamped donor circles with a focus on building the $2,500 level in year one. Develop and launch Planned Giving society.
• Organizes and manages annual donor cultivation and appreciation events, and donor travel programs.
• Develops and proposes strategies for solicitation of major gifts, including developing the solicitation materials, and assuring that solicitations are carried out.
• Recommends use of Raiser’s Edge to maximum fundraising potential.
• Participates, as required, in development team efforts including solicitation strategy teams for key prospects and internal planning efforts.
• Schedules and attends Development Committee meetings, and take notes.
• Co-ordinates an effective program for recognition, involvement and stewardship of donors with the rest of the Development team and other related departments.
• Supervises Donor Relations Manager and Development Associate.
• Recruits and manages individual volunteers, fundraising committees, and staff committees in support of specific fundraising objectives.
• Ensures Development pages on organization website are up to date.
• Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of demonstrated fundraising responsibility within organizations supporting the arts. Master’s degree preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail and follow-through. Capacity to multi-task under pressure. Superior people skills and ability to motivate and delegate.
• Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors in order to sustain relationships between them and Montalvo. Ability to see and understand the objectives of various giving groups, the membership, special events and institutional giving groups, and to integrate the annual fund program with those objectives.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to develop budgets, analyze financial reports and create income projections.
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve goals. Use independent judgment and produce a quality product within tight time constraints.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge software preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Tasks:
Candidate must have the ability to communicate via voice telephone, read and understand written communication, and generate written communication manually and using a computer. Candidate must also have the ability to sit at a desk for extended periods, lift and move documents and supplies up to 25 lbs., and bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. The position involves some local travel; valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle is required. Occasional out-of-area and/or international travel may be required. The position requires evening and weekend availability.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Montalvo offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance; FSA; and 401(K) retirement plan.
To apply, submit a cover letter describing your skills and experience related to this position, and include your reasons for wanting to apply for this position, your salary requirements, and your resume to Human Resources via email at email@example.com. Please do not call about this position. Position is open until filled. Applications will be screened for qualifications and experience. Not all applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be offered an interview.
For more detailed information about Montalvo Arts Center visit our website at www.montalvoarts.org.
Montalvo Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants who contribute to the diversity of our organization are encouraged to apply.
|Location||Saratoga, CA, 95071, United States|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|
|Job Code||Annual Fund Manager|