This job is no longer available
Program Grants Specialist
Wounded Warrior Project | Jacksonville FL 32256 USA | Full Time | Posted: 12/20/2012
Program Grants Specialist
Reports to: Grants Director
Exempt / Non-exempt: Exempt
Track and Band Range: Professional / 5-6
Date Prepared/ Revised: October 24, 2012
The Program Grants Specialist will be responsible for managing, researching, and evaluating grant proposals from individual and foundations applying to the Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) grant program. The Program Grants Specialist will develop relationships with individuals and foundations by providing submission information and updates throughout the grant period while also working internally to ensure compliance with all stipulation and regulations. The Program Grants Specialist will work closely with the Program Grants Director to research and develop community needs and proposals in order to meet the needs of returning service members on a local level.
Essential Job Functions:
• Effectively articulate, orally and in writing, WWP’s history, mission, vision and programmatic goals to outside organizations and foundation.
• Oversee requests, leads and contacts for Program Grants department.
• Work with Program, Operations and Finance departments to appropriately assess internal needs and meet submission and evaluation requirements.
• Cultivate and steward individual relationships with external organizations.
• Determine and communicate grant submission deadlines for proposals and materials required to complete the application process.
• Review proposals for completeness and accuracy.
• Ensure proper grant administration and communicate compliance with internal departments involved in the evaluative process.
• Collaborate with Program staff to identify needs within regional communities and WWP integrated care model.
• Create and maintain professional network on behalf of WWP.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Job Specifications:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong sense of WWP’s history, mission, vision, and values
• High energy level, self-starter willing to take initiative
• Ability to motivate others
• Good listening skills and willingness to serve others
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; team player, ability to communicate with diverse personalities, tactful, mature and flexible
• Goal oriented, resourceful, well organized, dependable, and efficient
• Experience with strategic planning and managing a budget
• High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
• Ability to travel as needed
• High level of comfort with public speaking
Bachelor’s degree required (with concentration in Communications, English, Government, Business preferred), or 5-6 years equivalent experience considered. Specific experience in developing requests for proposals (RFPs), evaluating budgeting, financials, and program metrics required. Minimum requirement of two (2) years in grant writing and development, combined with experience in Grantmaking for an institution such as; a foundation, corporate giving office, or government agency. Grantmaking experience must include ability to work within local, state, and federal regulatory scope/requirements. Proficiency with Grantmaking software preferred.
The employee’s job functions include but are not limited to those mentioned above.
Wounded Warrior Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is Wounded Warrior Project policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Wounded Warrior Project does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth, or related medical conditions), color, religion, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
|Location||Jacksonville, FL, 32256, United States|
|Categories||Employment/Job-related, Other, Veterans Services|
|Experience Years||5 yrs|
|Visa Sponsorship||Do not sponsor.|
|Pref Major||Communications, English, Government, Business|
|How to apply||Applications are no longer accepted for this job posting.|