PPSP is currently seeking a part-time Lead Clinician to serve our clients at the Vallejo health center. The Lead Clinician reports to the Regional Center Director and will function as part of a healthcare team to provide care under the standing orders and medical supervision of the Medical Director in conjunction with the Vice President of Medical Services.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position, working 32 hours per week and including evenings and Saturdays as needed. Consideration will be given to 24 hours per week. Salary is DOE + bilingual pay differential.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• As a member of our reproductive health care team, deliver prenatal, family planning and abortion services to our clients in accordance with affiliate-wide and center-specific protocols, policies and procedures.
• Work in the clinic providing family planning services, medication abortion, STI screening, pregnancy and HIV testing, education and counseling in accordance with physician signed practice protocols.
• Perform gynecological exams and procedures and male examinations.
• Assure complete and accurate medical charting.
• Maintain professional manner and patient confidentiality at all times.
• Be capable of working in a busy environment, often under pressure, without compromising accuracy, attention to detail, and courtesy to clients and staff.
• Handle communication problems with other staff directly, constructively, and with sensitivity.
• Promote Planned Parenthood services and goals to clients and the community.
• Successful completion of accredited NP, PA, or CNM program.
• Active California license and current CPR certificate.
• Interest in providing caring and compassionate services to low income, diverse population.
• One to three years experience in reproductive healthcare.
• Ability and interest in working independently, calmly, and efficiently.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
• Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver's License and insurance.
• Ability to provide reproductive healthcare services to socioeconomically diverse populations with compassion.
• Ability to provide reproductive health care services with a non-judgmental, client-centered approach.
• Commitment to quality healthcare.
TO APPLY: Please email, fax, or mail your cover letter, resume and names of three professional references with their phone numbers directly to:
Heli Karkkainen, Regional Center Director
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific
990 Broadway, Vallejo
Fax: (707) 643-1349
Please visit our website for even more information about us: www.pp-sp.org
Planned Parenthood Shasta Pacific is an equal opportunity employer and works affirmatively to include diversity among its staff and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, income, marital status or any other irrelevant dimension of diversity. PPSP values collaboration between employees of diverse backgrounds and experiences.